Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was pretty much bred to be a Mopar guy. My dad has been one since the 50's, and we have owned nothing but a Pentastar since I have been alive (all 45 years). I have owned 2 Plymouths, 2 Chryslers, 3 Jeeps, and 2 Dodges. My previous car was a 2006 Commander with a Hemi and MDS.

This Challenger blows them ALL away! True, I can't jack with the carb, or work on it as much as I could my Duster, but who needs to? This car is plenty fast and handles very well for as big a vehicle as it is. The best mileage I ever got with my Commander on the hwy was 17...maybe 17.5 mpg. I just completed a road trip with my Challenger, I have only added a CAI and a cat-back and I got 29.5 mpg going 72 MPH!!! I didn't buy the car for mileage, but heck, I will take it!

This car is the total package, and it is good to know that Diamler and Cerebus didn't kill this company...as much as they tried to.

OK, I'll stop gushing now....just had to say it!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Mine is nice too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
ditto to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I also have a Furious Fuchsia. I brought my girl back out to play yesterday and within 24 hours I have had three people ask if they can take pictures, I walked out of the bank today to find two cars pulled up close to it in the back 40 taking pics and drooling and I have had several other people yell out their car windows and from sidewalks that they love the car.............can I just say that she is basically an attention whore and I am just the passenger on the journey.

I now have a perma-grin back on my face after taking a nice long cruise yesterday and all is right in the world, as far as I am concerned right now anyway.

I love this car. Actually make that lust this car.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I think most owners here at CT can relate

·
Banned
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get a LOT of attention...it is the color that catches thier eye, but the great lines of the car that holds thier attention. I did get a comment that kinda stung the Italian machismo in me a little though...a REALLY cute 20 something called my car a "Barbie Hemi". Of course my daughter and wife loved that one!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I get a LOT of attention...it is the color that catches thier eye, but the great lines of the car that holds thier attention. I did get a comment that kinda stung the Italian machismo in me a little though...a REALLY cute 20 something called my car a "Barbie Hemi". Of course my daughter and wife loved that one!
Next time just turn to someone who calls the car a "Barbie Hemi" and say something like "Let's see your Hemi..........oh right I forgot you don't have one now do you." Then just turn around and walk away as I think you have made your point.

Last year I got two comments kind comments like that. Interestingly they were both from guys who obviously had car envy as both drive PIS cars, and I think they both most likely are working with small "equipment". I had to be kind of nice to both as they work for client's of mine but I did say that my girl could blow there car away any day. It is amazing what will come out of peoples mouths when they car envy.

·
Banned
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL I will! I do usually start by showing everyone the back of the car first....I say "This is the view most people have of my car."

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yeah, the car is definitely something special - I am still not used to the attention it gets.

The other day I was getting home form a trip out of the city and I hear car horn from the other side of the road - a really nice yellow brand new mustang - the guy is beeping and giving me thumb up :) He had a nice car too though... by the time I managed to show my thumb up he already passed.

Two minutes later on a gas station a guy in a wheel chair got into the gas station to tell me how much he likes the car. We had a chat for a bit, then he said he has a Camaro LS '74 386ci for sale if I am interested - for a nice project :)

I would've probably buy it if it was Challenger '70 or so not a Camaro...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Another FF owner here. The car is not a daily driver but I let my wife drive it to work one day last week and the guys she works with loved it. Whether you like FF or don't it is certainly an attention getter. We couldn't be happier with our choice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got mine this may and I love it. This car was my mom's favorite car also. She passed away 6/9/11 and asked me to have it in front of the church so she could look down and see it. She was my best friend and I loved her so much. (RIP) Mom :(

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Dodge Challenger is a fantastic car. When this one is paid for, I will not hesitate to get into another one, no doubt! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got mine this may and I love it. This car was my mom's favorite car also. She passed away 6/9/11 and asked me to have it in front of the church so she could look down and see it. She was my best friend and I loved her so much. (RIP) Mom :(
RIP to your Mom. No doubt she will shine on your Challenger and give you years of great driving experiences!!

·
Banned
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts