Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Callenger SRT 8 - 392
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Challenger SRT8. I’d like to know I’m backing up the timing,
would I have the ability to crackled (poping) the exhaust systems when decelerating. (compression) ?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,955 Posts

Basically turn off DFCO and add a little more negative timing in low rpm/aircharge area.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I just got off the phone with OST Dyno, one of the heads for my car is fully assembled and the other one is 1/2 way done but, that is not why I called them, I asked them specifically to NOT turn off Deceleration Fuel Cut Off. They said they don't do that in a tune unless someone specifically asks for the annoying popping! :D Thank God!!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,955 Posts
I don't understand the crazy with the decel crackle thing? There is absolutely no benefit performance-wise...poor uncle buck...his backfiring Merc was before its time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine has a hardcore crackle and pop and I love it. Stock exhaust with longtubes is a fantastic combo and I get nothing but compliments on the sound. Since I installed the N2MB WOT box, I get a backfire when letting off the accelerator after hitting it some with the no lift shift feature. It scares the wife when it does backfire lol.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,955 Posts
Headers with mid-muffler delete will get a nice....brahhh...during decel but never had the backfire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts