Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was heading west on the Ohio turnpike this morning heading to Sylvania, which is just west of Toledo. And Toledo is where a number of FCA vehicles pile up occasionally before being loaded onto carriers for delivery to dealers. I passed at least five haulers (all headed east) that had multiple Challengers on them. And the last hauler had a Cinnamon Stick WBSP on the tail end. I gotta say, it was a fantastic color! If I were in the market for a new one, it would be my color of choice. I hope that I got to see a few of the cars you all are waiting for! :)

·
Vendor
12,330 Posts
nope, most is what was sitting undelivered

Reactions: kstay203

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
A buddy of mine is picking up his Frostbite Charger Scat Pack today. He ordered it in Mid-Feb. He's stoked!

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
312 Posts
No rhyme or reason that is apparent to us. I am sure there is some sort of FCA explanation, and I am sure it logically makes sense. Frustrating to not know what it is though.

"Gcsps" placed his order on 5/20. His is in transit. Going to the Aloha state, so that will extend his delivery time.
"gouge93" ordered his 2/20 and received his earlier this week. Counting the two month down time, that is a two month build time.
"triafrog" placed an order 6/3 and took delivery this week.
I ordered mine 4/20, and it has been in D1 "gateline scheduled" since the first of May.

Everyone at the dealer/FCA say the factory is prioritizing special orders marked as 'sold'. Doing the math since re-opening and the plant's advertised capacity, they should have cranked out around 25k vehicles by now. I know that includes Chargers & 300s. But just how many special orders are there?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No rhyme or reason that is apparent to us. I am sure there is some sort of FCA explanation, and I am sure it logically makes sense. Frustrating to not know what it is though.

"Gcsps" placed his order on 5/20. His is in transit. Going to the Aloha state, so that will extend his delivery time.
"gouge93" ordered his 2/20 and received his earlier this week. Counting the two month down time, that is a two month build time.
I ordered mine 4/20, and it has been in D1 "gateline scheduled" since the first of May.

Everyone at the dealer/FCA say the factory is prioritizing special orders marked as 'sold'. Doing the math since re-opening and the plant's advertised capacity, they should have cranked out around 25k vehicles by now. I know that includes Chargers & 300s. But just how many special orders are there?

I certainly remember the crazy wait times and misinformation that was going around in 2015 after the refresh and everyone (myself included) wanted a new Challenger! It doesn't quite compare to the issues surrounding these 2020's, but it is frustrating nonetheless. Hopefully yours will just show up unexpectedly!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,537 Posts
I certainly remember the crazy wait times and misinformation that was going around in 2015 after the refresh and everyone (myself included) wanted a new Challenger! It doesn't quite compare to the issues surrounding these 2020's, but it is frustrating nonetheless. Hopefully yours will just show up unexpectedly!
Crazy wait times seems to be an all too often occurrence in the life of the modern Challenger, we had them when they first came out too. Heck I ordered a 2013 SRT, had to wait 6 months for that and by then it was a 2014 model year car and there wasn't even any factory shut down at the time.

·
Super Moderator
15,612 Posts
Won't see a 2021 til Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Looks like a late MY 2021 start up Nov 9, 2020 - so Slidd's comment of 'til Christmas isn't that far off, even though it sounded like a joke.

So the last '20s will probably built out 2nd / 3rd week of October 2020

Reactions: Goins2754

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still nothing on your order Freddy? I'd give your dealership a call.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,537 Posts
Looks like a late MY 2021 start up Nov 9, 2020 - so Slidd's comment of 'til Christmas isn't that far off, even though it sounded like a joke.

So the last '20s will probably built out 2nd / 3rd week of October 2020
Any rumors of any changes for 2021, I guess I don't expect much given the current situation but there were those naturally aspirated 426 rumors floating around for 2020 that never came to pass. Most likely they were just that, just rumors without substance but it did kind of get my hopes up.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,537 Posts
I bought a new RT on 6-30. It was just delivered the day before. Build date was middle of January.
Congrats on your new ride, but wow sounds like it was sitting for quite awhile waiting to be delivered.

·
Super Moderator
15,612 Posts
Any rumors of any changes for 2021, I guess I don't expect much given the current situation but there were those naturally aspirated 426 rumors floating around for 2020 that never came to pass. Most likely they were just that, just rumors without substance but it did kind of get my hopes up.
Outside of the announcements for the '21 Challenger SRT Super Sport - that's probably the major item for 2021 and whatever new colors that might be introduced for the model year.

Reactions: 70barcuda

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,537 Posts
Outside of the announcements for the '21 Challenger SRT Super Sport - that's probably the major item for 2021 and whatever new colors that might be introduced for the model year.
While I think that's great I'd really like to see a little something for us mid model buyers. I mean I need at least some excuse to trade in for another new Challenger lol. It probably wouldn't take much, but a few more naturally aspirated HP (maybe in the 500 to 550 range) and I think Dodge would see a lot of SRT392 and Scat Pack owers buying again.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SXT AWD
42 Posts
Buddy at work ordered his Scat Pack (F8 green, shaker, manual) in March. He just picked up the car on July 4 in southern Indiana.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,537 Posts
Buddy at work ordered his Scat Pack (F8 green, shaker, manual) in March. He just picked up the car on July 4 in southern Indiana.
Yeah that's a fair amount of time to wait but hopefully things are starting to free up. I noticed my local dealership show several Challengers in transit. Of course I don't know when they ordered them, so maybe they've been waiting four or five months too.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts