Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have always paid Invoice on all my cars.
But dealers are limited on the Challengers and don't have to sell it at invoice or under
even if you have all the incentives.
I bought mine for $500 over invoice cause MOST of the dealers had NO Challenger Scatpacks in Manual.
Most of the Challengers are automatics on dealer lots but very hard finding a Manual Scatpack.
I love the dealers that were nickle and diming me and felt $500 over invoice was well worth it with the rebates included...........JT

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is en route from NY on the rail and will be in Winston Salem, NC on 7/29. Last Friday, it said 8/2 in NC. It’ll prob take a week or more to catch a ride on a truck/depending for that last 2 hrs. So, recap—ordered 7/8, built 7/15, KZ status 7/16 and today it’s moving nicely.

Last week it said it left Brampton to Jefferson on a shuttle 7/16 @ 249pm. Today it says Brampton to Buffalo NY it left 7/16 @ 532pm

Either way, it’s moving to Buffalo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Update: train broke down 100 miles from Winston Salem/last train stop in Roanoke VA. Says it’s repaired and will be there tomorrow evening. I just knew today’s update was gonna tell me it got there yesterday as planned. Oh well. All good. The real guessing game is the 100 mile truck transport to Raleigh, NC

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
209 Posts
I have always paid Invoice on all my cars.
But dealers are limited on the Challengers and don't have to sell it at invoice or under
even if you have all the incentives.
I bought mine for $500 over invoice cause MOST of the dealers had NO Challenger Scatpacks in Manual.
Most of the Challengers are automatics on dealer lots but very hard finding a Manual Scatpack.
I love the dealers that were nickle and diming me and felt $500 over invoice was well worth it with the rebates included...........JT

I use to like stripes, colors as most of you do. I still do but not for myself anymore. At 74 even my music taste has change to mellow... [yellow! if you get the joke, you might be too young].
But, anyhow, not in the market for a new car, when I saw, well, first I heard it start while my back was turned, this "Granite Crystal" Challenger my heart already skipped a beat! As I walk toward it "it is a Shaker"... as I open the door "it is a manual"... and then I hear it has a 18 speakers HK... I see the alcantara [spell check! a mouth full...] beautiful aluminium forged wheels... the salesman did not have to say a word.
He knew.
Yet, he also knew I have already two cars and we are not going to go back and forth on the sale price, especially a brand new 2019 special ordered while the customer changed his mind.
I gave them a break and settled for invoice as I heard a big sign for the Chief Sales Guy...
So yes, sometimes we get lucky as you have...
Sorry for the ramble! I always ramble...
Oh! and I remember saying that my taste has changed to mellow! Except when it comes to engine performance while I have to run a Valentine G2 R/D in tandem JBV1 software app all hooked up to Waze.
Prevention!!!

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Update: train broke down 100 miles from Winston Salem/last train stop in Roanoke VA. Says it’s repaired and will be there tomorrow evening. I just knew today’s update was gonna tell me it got there yesterday as planned. Oh well. All good. The real guessing game is the 100 mile truck transport to Raleigh, NC

I don't know why but I find the thought of a train breaking down both funny and pathetic.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Don’t care about being hip. Just know what I like. No tats. No earing. No stripe. Factory wide 5 spoke wheels rock. Wear my hair like 1969 and blame it on Covid.

87B67262-C059-49CB-9746-517820B73B57.jpeg

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
391 Posts
I don't know why but I find the thought of a train breaking down both funny and pathetic.
Happens more often than you think. There is a reason why there are multiple engines on most trains. Glad it is just a break down instead of a derailment.

Spent eight hours outside Minot, ND in the dead of winter, waiting for a freight engine to arrive and bail out the dead Amtrak locomotive. The one (of two) attached locomotives could not provide head-end-power (ie: keep the cars warm) and provide locomotion at the same time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Me too!! I’m not even mad. It’s just the timing for my detailer is all. They schedule 2 weeks out but they’re really working with me on the unknown timing. PPF on front bumper, all 4 flares, ceramic all over. Window tint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Car is here. Still on the truck at dealership, so I haven’t seen it. I’m an hr away, but I assume I’ll have it Sat or Monday I guess. They had 15 in transit, so I’m not sure if they all came at once.

7/8 ordered
7/15 built
7/16 shipped with 7/24 - 8/7 delivery
7/29 train broke down in VA/100 miles from final train stop
8/4 arrived Winston Salem, NY rail yard
8/5 unloaded from train
8/6 truck left @ 1133, arrived 2pm same day

·
Registered
43 Posts
Car is here. Still on the truck at dealership, so I haven’t seen it. I’m an hr away, but I assume I’ll have it Sat or Monday I guess. They had 15 in transit, so I’m not sure if they all came at once.

7/8 ordered
7/15 built
7/16 shipped with 7/24 - 8/7 delivery
7/29 train broke down in VA/100 miles from final train stop
8/4 arrived Winston Salem, NY rail yard
8/5 unloaded from train
8/6 truck left @ 1133, arrived 2pm same day

That’s awesome!!! Congrats!!!! Excited for pics.

I’m not sure if I am more amazed by your delivery timeline from order (29 days) or all of the up to date shipping information you got. My dealer said “he would guess it’ll be on a train within a week”, the SRT Line said it was “In-Transit”, but had no specifics on where in North America it currently was, and Mopar Chat simply gave me an estimated delivery date of 08/12-08/26. Its so odd how some dealers seem to have a ton of info and others act surprised when cars shows up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That’s awesome!!! Congrats!!!! Excited for pics.

I’m not sure if I am more amazed by your delivery timeline from order (29 days) or all of the up to date shipping information you got. My dealer said “he would guess it’ll be on a train within a week”, the SRT Line said it was “In-Transit”, but had no specifics on where in North America it currently was, and Mopar Chat simply gave me an estimated delivery date of 08/12-08/26. Its so odd how some dealers seem to have a ton of info and others act surprised when cars shows up.
Yeah all the chat feature kept saying was “in transit”. I just reached out to salesman and told him I want the printout. I don’t want an explanation or anything —take a pic of your computer screen with ur phone and I’m Ok with that. Just send it with no commentary. He was Ok with that. That sheet had all the info on it. I figured he wouldn’t want to read all the details to me, so send it and let me read. I’ll admit that they don’t know when It’ll show up from the last rail. That was a guess, but at least I could see when it got to that last stop, etc

101 - 110 of 110 Posts