Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if those who have more than one car are driving their Challengers less because of the higher gas prices? I for one am commuting more frequently on my motorcycle to save on fuel costs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just curious if those who have more than one car are driving their Challengers less because of the higher gas prices? I for one am commuting more frequently on my motorcycle to save on fuel costs.

No, just cussing more at the gas pump.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
i have been driving my Jeep because it hasnt stopped raining! today is the first day it is in the 70s and sunny so im in the Challenger. the Jeep gets worse mileage LOL

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I will say that I am almost "afraid" to bring my girl out of hibernation in the next week or so. I filled her up at the end of November and it cost me almost $90 at that time. I think I may have a heart attack when I have to fill her up for the first time this year.

It does make me realize that I definitely have to renew my passports, as I am both US and Cdn citizen, so that I can slip across the border and get me some cheaper gas. Where I live you would not believe how much the price includes hidden tax and tariffs. Currently this is how it breaks out:

Litre of Regular Gas - $1.40 - give or take right now as it keeps fluctuating
Carbon Tax - 4.45 cents
Translink Tax - 15 cents (this is to subsidize the local transit system)
Provincial Motor Fuel Tax - 8.5 cents

Yep that is right 27.95 cents a litre in just local taxes and then on top there is the Federal GST at 5% (so the higher the base price the more they collect) :notallthere:

Can I just say that even for my daily driver (my lovely PT Cruiser) I am tired of bending over and dropping the pants while the oil companies continue to hike the prices substantially when the price of a barrel of oil goes up but they never lower the prices substantially when the price of a barrel goes down............See what you started. It is enough to make a person drink :guiness:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
No, drive it when I can

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Driven everyday...very hard! Every week I fill up and say, "maybe I should ease through this tank in hopes of getting better than 15.5mpg." Yet once I get on the road, that idea just goes out the window lol

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
drive it more, better MPG then a truck

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Simply answer NO but I've been traveling more for work so that equates to less time behind the wheel.

However I do make up for it when I AM HOME :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
since my other ride is a avalanche, i am almost better off in the challenger...depending on how heavy my right foot is per tank!!!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Nope... I'm not driving it because its been raining every GD day since I took out of winter storage in March.

Didn't know I moved to England... :(

As to gas... it probably gets better mileage than anything else I have.
So if and when we stop getting daily storms (with the threat of hail) I'll start driving it a lot.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I would say yes, I try to think about where I'm going and when so as to combine tasks on the same trip.

We are actually pondering the purchase of a Mazda 2 for the runs down to the carpool parking (wife) and errands into town. Those are the trips where we really get soaked with poor MPG's. And, it would keep some miles off the Challenger and wife's Lexus.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I should start driving mine more. I get about 14-15 city in the Challenger, but my daily driver Silverado gets about 11-12 city......

·
Registered
221 Posts
nope, I love it, it makes me feel better to drive my car. Headaches go away, stress, kids, wife, all that stuff... nothing but me, and the car.. no way I can go without her. "I'm superman, she's lois lane."

1 - 20 of 50 Posts