·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably shipped. But I want some feedback on these guys first. I'm checking into buying a spare PCM so if I have bugs that need to be tuned out I'm not without my ride. I tried calling them three times yesterday throughout the day and couldn't get them on the phone. They have an impressive list of credentials.

However I know people have used these guys and I just want to find out when and what the results were. Let's hope we get some member feedback to base a decision on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the B&G tune for my 06 Mag SRT8. They were the only tuner at the time back then. Eventually the Predator came out and everyone went that way (can't argue with having a hand held tuner AND a cheaper price by quite a bit). I had the basic tune for the 6.1, no heads or cam or blower or anything, just the cai/catback tune. It was excellent. My buddy had an 06 MSRT8 also but with a Pred and we'd run dead even. I didn't want to mess with the stock PCM so I got a spare one and had B&G flash it, I'd recommend that again if you have any kind of smog laws where you live (swapping out the PCM is a snap).

I didn't realize B&G was still in the game, I have a '12 SRT8 and may look into them if nothing else comes out. B&G IS legit, they have been around a long time and are a specialty Chry tuner, they may indeed have the key to unlocking the PCM because of that. That's gonna be the only way anyone's gonna be able to tune these cars (unless they keep using '10-earlier PCMs like what's happening now), by getting the key from Chry.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I would post this over on lx forums if you want some real feedback. The only ones that likely have any dealings with them. Folks used to se them back in the day 05-07 when there was no tuning for the 5.7 and 6.1 once diablo came out, they went the way of the dinosaur for the lx platform, no comparison to what a diablo handheld or CMR tune can do in comparison.

·
Banned
483 Posts
I would post this over on lx forums if you want some real feedback. The only ones that likely have any dealings with them. Folks used to se them back in the day 05-07 when there was no tuning for the 5.7 and 6.1 once diablo came out, they went the way of the dinosaur for the lx platform, no comparison to what a diablo handheld or CMR tune can do in comparison.

actually the Dodge Dakota owners used B&G way back in '99. they were the only game in town for awhile there also. People would ship their PCM to them to be programmed and returned. They had a solid reputation.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only look at this forum. Maybe I'll have my son post up on that one. I would say the dinosaur outllived the cougar. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Since Diable refuses to tell us where they are at, they are not even considered competition on the 11+ stuff. If these guys say they can tune for a Supercharger I know what I'll be doing next.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
actually the Dodge Dakota owners used B&G way back in '99. they were the only game in town for awhile there also. People would ship their PCM to them to be programmed and returned. They had a solid reputation.
Yup true, didn't think I was writing a history book though :) My point was comparing to the most relevant platform to the Challenger... which is the 5.7/6.1 LX :)

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I only look at this forum. Maybe I'll have my son post up on that one. I would say the dinosaur outllived the cougar. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Since Diable refuses to tell us where they are at, they are not even considered competition on the 11+ stuff. If these guys say they can tune for a Supercharger I know what I'll be doing next.
Let us know how it goes if you decided to supercharge and have them tune it!

·
Banned
483 Posts
Yup true, didn't think I was writing a history book though :) My point was comparing to the most relevant platform to the Challenger... which is the 5.7/6.1 LX :)
books no, but maybe B&G would make for a good magazine article :)

My point was that the LX community wasnt the only ones to have dealt with B&G. There are plenty of forums on the net for the Dodge Dakotas that can give feed back on B&G. Also that B&G has been around for quite some time now tuning Dodge vehicles.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the B&G 91 north rev 2 tune. After the change to winter blend My car knocks. Just put the stock ecu back in tonight. I have tried Shell 92 and Chevron 92. Even tried putting 3 gal of trick 100 only helped a little. Maybe the tune should be richer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.