Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the middle of doing the clutch delay valve removal and I can't get the the clip back in . Can someone please help me? Is there a trick? I am stuck. I have tried for hours to get it back in.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Man, I don't know why anyone does this...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used a pair of needle nose pliers, they were the double-jointed type which allowed me to squeeze them into the tight space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
slightly, and I mean slightly, pull/push the line in/out while pushing the clip in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it's all back together. I hear a small woosh noise when shifting hard at high rpms now though. Is that normal with this mod? I am so happy that it doesn't sit there with high revs after pushing in the clutch now. So worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the woosh is gone now. Just a product of me having the line off for so long and still needed some bleeding. This mod is well worth it. I am so happy that my revs drop when I push the clutch in now. So worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, what was the trick?
I lost the clip so I used aircraft safety wire and my safety wire pliers. I used to work on aircraft. I am ordering a couple of clips and going to replace the safety wire with the clip at some point. Honestly the safety wire is more secure than the clip though but I want things to be just right.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,017 Posts
I lost the clip so I used aircraft safety wire and my safety wire pliers. I used to work on aircraft. I am ordering a couple of clips and going to replace the safety wire with the clip at some point. Honestly the safety wire is more secure than the clip though but I want things to be just right.

A Guy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts