Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAWK HIGH PERFORMANCE STREET BRAKE PADS

The use of street cars in racing is a trend that increases every year, and drivers are constantly demanding more. They are always looking for an edge over the competition.
Using decades of engineering data from our racing programs, the Hawk Performance team cross-engineered the new Street/Race compound. This new compound is the ultimate high-performance, street brake pad — perfect for performance drivers who use their street cars for autocross, HPDE, open track and time-trail racing. High-Performance Street/Race pads feature Hawk’s Mechanical bond Retention System (MRS), slotted friction, hot-bond shim and pad chamfer, which improve vehicle handling, driver confidence and overall safety. It performs flawlessly at operating temperatures between 100 and 1200 degrees Fahrenheit, offering superior torque and providing consistent braking characteristics and great pedal feel.

*Features:*
* Contollable torque
* Great rotor & pad wear life
* 100-1200°F operating temperatures
* Smooth feel and bite
* Excellent brake rotor wear
* Consistent brake release characteristics

* *Optimal Range:* 100° - 800°
* *Min/Max Temp:* 100° - 120°
* *Torque:* Medium
To Order:

Front: Hawk High Performance Street Front Brake Pads 2015-2017 392/6.2L Challenger/Charger 2013-2017 392 Grand Cherokee
Rear: Hawk High Performance Street Rear Brake Pads 2005-2017 6.1L/392/6.4L/6.2L Challenger/Charger/300/Magnum/Grand Cherokee

Thanks
Chris

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Slight correction for your website Chris

* *Min/Max Temp:* 100° - 120°
* *Min/Max Temp:* 100° - 1200°

A Guy ;)

·
Registered
933 Posts
If you buy from them you just better hope there are no problems from them. I've been waiting for over a month for a fuel door that is the wrong color. It was ordered from Speedlogix by American Brothers. Paid over $200. And nobody cares. Now I will have to fight with PayPal to get my money back. Never again..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you buy from them you just better hope there are no problems from them. I've been waiting for over a month for a fuel door that is the wrong color. It was ordered from Speedlogix by American Brothers. Paid over $200. And nobody cares. Now I will have to fight with PayPal to get my money back. Never again..
Hello Mike,

I just emailed you as well in our email string. We do very much care about this being the wrong color. All the information we have gotten from American Brother Designs is what we have given you. We are not quite sure why this has not been taken care of, but whatever you would like do to, we are here to help you.

I did miss your email on Wednesday night, that was on me so I apologize. We have already reached out again to American Brother Designs to get this situation resolved.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
And the big question is, how much brake dust? Love the Brembo's, hate the dust. Thinking maybe switching out to Stoptech Sport Pads. I do track on occasion and need the performance.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Mike,

Just got off the phone with American Brother Designs, they had mailed the swatch out first class mail, but they are going to overnight another swatch to you. They let us know a door could be shipped out on Wednesday once the swatch is approved and we are going to have them expedite the shipping of the door.

Also left you a voicemail and will be emailing you as well.

Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the big question is, how much brake dust? Love the Brembo's, hate the dust. Thinking maybe switching out to Stoptech Sport Pads. I do track on occasion and need the performance.
These are a new compound, so they have not been out on the streets for long. But the dust will be much lower than stock. These will give you fantastic performance with little dust.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is this fitment for the upgraded Brembo (6 piston) for the Scat Pack Dynamics Package?

If not, what are the proper part numbers?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hello Mike,

Just got off the phone with American Brother Designs, they had mailed the swatch out first class mail, but they are going to overnight another swatch to you. They let us know a door could be shipped out on Wednesday once the swatch is approved and we are going to have them expedite the shipping of the door.

Also left you a voicemail and will be emailing you as well.

Thanks
Chris
I received color swath today. Still a no match but Eric did contact me from American Brothers and is working on resolving the problem.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
Interesting that several months ago, the 'vendors' were pushing Powerstop Z23 Evolutions...which I have purchased...
...for the 2015 SRTs...

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Interesting that several months ago, the 'vendors' were pushing Powerstop Z23 Evolutions...which I have purchased...
...for the 2015 SRTs...
Yes we stroll stock those as it is still one of our top sellers. Definitely a great pad for street use and low dust. These hawk pads are a brand new pad and geared more for those that do track days and auto cross with their cars.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I received color swath today. Still a no match but Eric did contact me from American Brothers and is working on resolving the problem.

Received your email and replied there as well. I know Lisa here has been speaking with the owner of American Brothers and they were working it out, which probably sparked Eric to get in contact with you to get this situation taken care of. We did let them know this needed to be done and let them know that the paint that they sent you looked like it was Rhino that is used on the Jeeps and not Detonator like used on the Challengers.

Thanks
Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts