Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just can't stand the factory brembo pad squeal any longer. Gonna replace them with a set of Hawk pads. But which one do I choose. The ceramics are only a few dollars more but say they create the same performance specs as do the HPS. While providing less dust/ noise.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I'm using the Hawk ceramic pads and love them. I got tired of all the dust the stock pads were making and switched to the ceramic pads. I would guess there is probably 90-95% less dust than before.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using the Hawk ceramic pads and love them. I got tired of all the dust the stock pads were making and switched to the ceramic pads. I would guess there is probably 90-95% less dust than before.
Not sure if there is a difference or just the way they are worded on some sites. But is the ceramic pads still considered the performance ceramic. Some say performance some don't.
As well with noticeable brake dust difference what about noise/ squeak sound?
And how about performance? I've read the hawk pads are comparable to OEM stopping power just a little less adequate.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
There was a little noise after I first installed them, but that has since gone away. As far as performance I have not noticed any major difference in the stopping power between them and the stock pads.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a little noise after I first installed them, but that has since gone away. As far as performance I have not noticed any major difference in the stopping power between them and the stock pads.
Thanks for the information. This will hopefully help me decide between the two.

Anyone with HPS pads have any thoughts or recommendations?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hawk Ceramics - Good for low dust, performance is similar to stock pads
Hawk HPS - Stopping power is much better, a bit more dust than stock
Hawk HP+ - Even Better stopping power, sometimes surprisingly so, and more dust than the HPS, sometimes can make noise too.

I run the HPS on the wifes Charger and the HP+ on my GTO,
I won't go with the plus seeing that it's recommended for a track vehicle. My car barely sees the track.
The ceramics are sounding to be the better choice.
You say the HPS give off more brake dust than stock? I thought some chose this pad for less dust..

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Hawk HPS have much less dust than OEM. There is no difference in stopping power. I put them on my long gone charger to stop the squeal. I put them on the Challenger for the less dust. I am very impressed with them

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So one ceramic- one HPS.
Which one to go with? lol
Seems to be almost down to personal preference. Wonder if there is really that large of a difference between the two.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wouldn't consider the HP+ a track pad, AutoX pad maybe, but not Track.

The info i'm offering is first hand from a daily driving standpoint. I wouldn't track my GTO with HP+ Pads, the Track Pads that i use cost 3-5 times what the HP+ pads cost.

Also as a note, if you combine DBA Rotors and Hawk pads on our website, there is a huge discount that is applied once you are on the shopping cart page.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ran the HPS on my last car and was impressed. When it comes time for brakes on my Challenger I'll put the HPS on it as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So looks like now the HPS wins.
Quieter, less dust, equal performance overall, also about $20 cheaper than the ceramics lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts