Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a lot of new HC window stickers and they are really confusing. Some have a different base price depending if its a wide body. The base price is higher, but it also has the wide body amount added. Another issue is you are charged for one type of leather seat in a package, then they add different new seats and you are charged again. Charged twice for different upgraded seats. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,710 Posts
The WB base price is higher. Dodge doesn't give those wide fender flares away for free you know.

The WB can (probably does) come with other options as "standard" that result in an increase in its base price.

The pricing of a car is a science/art unto itself and often times logic can't be applied to how a company arrived at the price.

(It is something like a $11.99 price on a product is preferable to a $12.00 price. While the difference is just one cent the price difference appears to be more.)

So in the case of the WB some optional equipment is made standard and this raises the base price. Whether one pays less for this optional now standard equipment or more than one paid when it was optional requires one compare the window sticker of a previous model year's Hellcat to a WB sticker.

Often you can get a digital copy of a new car's sticker if the car is offered for sale online even at the dealer's web site. I make it a habit when shopping cars to get a digital copy of the sticker and also to print it out and then make notes on the hard copy printout.

I just checked my Helllcat's digital sticker and under the Standard Equipment section there is this: "Unless replaced by optional equipment". And under the Optional Equipment section there is this: "May replace standard equipment".

My Hellcat's sticker is pretty "simple" but do not see any double charges.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,628 Posts
Often the price of option packages changes as well, based on what other equipment the car has already, in both ways. An example is the Tech package is $800 cheaper on a manual car because some of the components aren't included if you have a manual (radar based cruise control). Other packages have overlap, and say package 1 is $1000, package 2 is $2000. If you pick them both, one of them may change price significantly lower.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,908 Posts
Additionally....there could be mid model year price increases on the cars and/or packages.

I’ve witnessed destination charge price increases within one model year as well.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,312 Posts
Often the price of option packages changes as well, based on what other equipment the car has already, in both ways. An example is the Tech package is $800 cheaper on a manual car because some of the components aren't included if you have a manual (radar based cruise control). Other packages have overlap, and say package 1 is $1000, package 2 is $2000. If you pick them both, one of them may change price significantly lower.
THIS^
sticker should read "base price" follwed by all of the things that particalar car came with in its current spec. Following that will be "optional equipment" listing, with a small side note that states "may replace original equipment" If there is pricing difference between two cars base price, then they are simply are spec'd differently and it maybe something very subtile tucked into what could be a 25-50 line item list.
The options section similarly. You also may have different various charges, ADM, dealer adds, etc that can change the prices between cars that otherwise may seem identicle at 1st glance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts