Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took advantage of the hard drive in the mygig. I thought these things had 30GB on board. I've almost used the entire capacity of the hard drive at 16GB. Is the rest of the space used for navigation in the 730N? My friend has a 2011 RAM with the 430 no navigation and he has 30GB. I can't believe that navigation would take up nearly 14GB.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yup!
The Nav does use up almost 1/2 the space ~14G.
Relatively nuts IMHO.

·
Registered
653 Posts
That seems like such a ridiculous amount of space.
Just checked the HD on my Mygig, I've got a 2011 430N and the Nav only takes up 2GB

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That seems like such a ridiculous amount of space.
Just checked the HD on my Mygig, I've got a 2011 430N and the Nav only takes up 2GB
Do you have a 2011 car? Maybe they got more efficient with their programming from last year to this year. Also, I wonder if the 430N vs. 730N makes a difference. Can someone with a 730N chime in please ?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yep it's a 2011 392
IMHO I think that I did better by getting the 430N, seems to me like the 730N has a lot more problems like with uploading contacts, showing callerid and such. I have none of those problems with my supposedly "outdated" radio.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I don't have the hard drive, but I have a remote USB port that the system will use just like a hard drive.

Does it have the remote USB in the center console? If it does, you can buy a 16GB flashdrive and regain capacity that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts