Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestion on who has the best head and cam for a vorteched (6.1) 6 speed. What kind of gains should be expected with this combo. Currently I'm at 490 rwhp and 460 rwtq. My only mod is the vortech with 7 or 8 lbs if boost. I'm considering doing this installation my self and tips that will help with the process.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Andy, at PWR has a special SC cam that holds the exhaust valve open longer for our 6.1. Its not radical by any means but it does the trick. He also has heads to match. You could lower the boost and pick up more power.

Install it yourself but you need to get it tuned.

When I get forged I will be installing the same cam and upgrading springs only.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I suggest Arrington phase 4 heads + CC586 or CC607 cam. I have CC586 cam installed and the car feels strong, but if you want to get forged or get bigger block, I say its better if u wait and take a long block (6.1L block + cam + heads + stroker kit). Oh ya I think you may need to change your gear valve body ;).

·
Registered
134 Posts
depends on other performance parts that you will add on your long block, also it depends if you want low compression ratio (that's if you planning to supercharge it) or high CR, but guaranteed you will be over 450 RWHP. Some motors got to 500 RWHP. But you know what they say, speed cost money :).

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts