Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to swap the factory head light and fog light bulbs on my 2011 Challenger. I want a pure white BRIGHT light out of them. What brand have people on here used? I will do HID eventually, but want to just do bulbs right now. Also curious about switching the bulbs in the blinker/marker lights so they aren't yellow. Any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
the colour you are asking for is somewhat subjective to your eye. If you are wanting pure white then Look up kelvin light chart. Oem halogen headlights are around 3000 and HID are between 4300 and 4800 kelvin. Once you starting going above that you start going into the blue range and then purple. The Blue may look cool but if it doesn't buy you a ticket then all it will offer is the colour because once you get into the blue range you will actually loose visibility. The human eye can't filter the blue spectrum so the blue colour bulbs look brighter but in fact have a significantly reduced range.

Here is a link to tell you the type of bulbs your vehicle takes. Your headlight is an H13. Several brands make different bulbs but look for wattage if you are wanting brighter the rest are gimmicks for the most part.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sylvania Silverstar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts