Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little bored at work and I bring up YouTube to see what videos YT "recommends" fro me today and one of the videos is review of the 2018 Dodge Challenger GT AWDos I click on it. That's one Challenger that I do not know much about. So I am watching this review and the car has a nice leather interior and they get to the infotainment radio (8.4) and the car has Performance Pages!! WTF? How does that car have Performance Pages and my R/T Plus doesn't and I have a V8!

I really have no idea what Dodge is thinking here... Yes I am still disgruntled that I do not have Performance Pages...

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
Yep, it is like they are trying to beat the aftermarket at their own game. People were buying different hoods, and tazers, and now Dodge just gives it to you.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yeah, my 2018 GT has leather, 8.4 screen, paddle-shifters, performance pages, etc. While I thought the performance pages were really cool when I first got the car, I literally never use them. It's kinf of silly to put them on a V6 Challenger IMO. I didn't buy the GT for "racing" - I bought it for the AWD in the winter and the "look". If I was looking for a performance car, I definitely wouldn't have bought a GT. I mean it's no slouch as a daily-driver, but it's really not a "performance" car.

I do love the car - it's just not a "racing" car. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And no offense jtrosky but that's why this baffles me. When it comes to performance, the Challenger GT is at the very bottom of the list @ 305 HP. Between drive train loss and this lead sled being 4200 pounds, I would hope that someone buying the GT isn't going for "performance."

Maybe I want them so bad because I can't have them. Even with the Tazer I still can't get the Performance Pages. Every time I get them to load, something in the system deletes the app.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
And no offense jtrosky but that's why this baffles me. When it comes to performance, the Challenger GT is at the very bottom of the list @ 305 HP. Between drive train loss and this lead sled being 4200 pounds, I would hope that someone buying the GT isn't going for "performance."

Maybe I want them so bad because I can't have them. Even with the Tazer I still can't get the Performance Pages. Every time I get them to load, something in the system deletes the app.
No offense taken! Trust me, I completely understand what my GT is and isn't - and a performance car it isn't (hell, I think my 2012 Impala is actually faster - same HP, but a lot lighter!). :)

I knew this going in though and I was fine with it since I just wanted the stylish look and the AWD functionality for the winter.

I completley agree with you that it's silly to put that stuff on the GT and not on the RT models. Honestly, it should be standard on all of the V8 models and at best optional on the V6 models

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have you tried to solve the Tazer problem? That really sucks. That doesn't seem right, Tazer is supposed to be able to let you use PP.

·
Registered
Plum Crazy 2019 SXT AWD
34 Posts
I am a little bored at work and I bring up YouTube to see what videos YT "recommends" fro me today and one of the videos is review of the 2018 Dodge Challenger GT AWDos I click on it. That's one Challenger that I do not know much about. So I am watching this review and the car has a nice leather interior and they get to the infotainment radio (8.4) and the car has Performance Pages!! WTF? How does that car have Performance Pages and my R/T Plus doesn't and I have a V8!

I really have no idea what Dodge is thinking here... Yes I am still disgruntled that I do not have Performance Pages...
Well, if it makes you feel any better, my 2019 AWD SXT doesn't have performance pages or leather. It does have the 0-60 timer in the instrument cluster, which is a little silly, but also fun! I think I'd enjoy the performance pages, but totally agree with my model they're pretty pointless. I think for the money paid for the RT, you should get them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Performance pages is nice as it allows you to track and monitor your coolant and oil temperatures, during warm up driving. You should always make sure to let your coolant and oil fully heat up (>190F) before putting a lot of load on engine.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Performance pages is nice as it allows you to track and monitor your coolant and oil temperatures, during warm up driving. You should always make sure to let your coolant and oil fully heat up (>190F) before putting a lot of load on engine.
Yeah, but you can also set that info in the cluster screen, which is what I usually use. I never even go into performance pages - ever.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,453 Posts
Since both the SXT and GT are available in FWD/AWD, it's apparent they have tried to position the GT as a step up from the SXT. Positioning it between the SXT and R/T. Former SRT hood, available Performance Handling Group, etc. It looks like the performance pages were the start of that separation. I believe PP come with the STP button standard on the GT

A Guy

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
As a side note, I've noticed that the 0-60 timer on my GT says 5.8 (I bought it used with 6k miles). I wonder if the person was going downhill when they recorded that time!? :) Actually, I've heard that the V6 Challengers can get around 5.8 (maybe even 5.6?) if done just right, so who knows.

Personally, I've never even attempted a 0-60 run - and probably never will. To me, that's just stressing every part of the car for no real reason. No disrespect to those that do like doing that stuff, it's just not for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I haven't done it yet either but it has nothing to do with being nice to my car like you :LOL:

I drive my car like I stole it. I always have. I am rough on cars but I do pamper them with maintenance but I do like to go fast.

In the great words of Ricky Bobby, "If you ain't first, you're last!"

·
Registered
448 Posts
As a side note, I've noticed that the 0-60 timer on my GT says 5.8 (I bought it used with 6k miles). I wonder if the person was going downhill when they recorded that time!? :) Actually, I've heard that the V6 Challengers can get around 5.8 (maybe even 5.6?) if done just right, so who knows.

Personally, I've never even attempted a 0-60 run - and probably never will. To me, that's just stressing every part of the car for no real reason. No disrespect to those that do like doing that stuff, it's just not for me.
Performance engines are designed to operate correctly, within tolerance, under the stress of back-to-back red-lines. This is assuming that you keep your fluids changed (all fluids) at their service intervals, and monitor your temperatures during spirited driving.

If we were talking about a Civic or a mini-van, it would be a different story.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Performance engines are designed to operate correctly, within tolerance, under the stress of back-to-back red-lines. This is assuming that you keep your fluids changed (all fluids) at their service intervals, and monitor your temperatures during spirited driving.

If we were talking about a Civic or a mini-van, it would be a different story.
Yes, but I really wouldn't consider the V6 engine in my GT a "performance engine". :) I mean it's the same engine they use in half of the other vehicles, including mini-vans (I think?)....

I've tend to keep my vehicles for a long time - and I've always had good luck with my vehicles - I maintain them well and specifically don't "drive them like I stole them". :) I have to think that is part of the reason why I've had such good luck with my cars long-term (which have NOT been sports/muscle/performance cars).

Alhough, even with performance cars - I'd still argue that doing 0-60 runs isn't good for them. I mean performance engine or not, you're still stressing things when you do a 0-60 run. However, I completely understand that people buy these cars for that specific reason, so I do "get it" - it's just that I don't personally do that stuff. I may floor it and fly down the highway at 100mph+ when the road is clear - or get onto the highway in a "spirited" fashion from time to time (like every time I get on the highway), but I never "floor" it from a ded stop. Regardless of what type of car it is, doing that is still very hard on just about every part of the driveline (including the suspension).

Then again, I've never owned a really powerful car either - so maybe I'd do thing different if I had a really powerful car. :)

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
I would have zero concerns about doing 0-60 runs in any modern car. Check oil to make sure not low, and let engine stabilize its temperature, and enjoy. 6 seconds of full throttle is nothing to any car, even a Yaris, just less happens on them as a result. The fact that the actual manufacture puts the timer in the car, and publishes performance numbers shows that it is OK to duplicate it. I would just try to keep it under normal temps and keep an eye on things. Like if you live in Las Vegas and it is 114 out, wait till night time when it cools to 90. Or I wouldn't do it when temps are -22F either. Your car has 305HP, enjoy it, use it, live it. The Pentastar V6 is more technically advanced than the HEMI, and a great engine for its size.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,453 Posts
You've never floored your car from a stop to merge on a freeway? :)

Hot day soon after I got it broken in. I'm sure cold air, right launch a 5.8 is possible

A Guy

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
You've never floored your car from a stop to merge on a freeway? :)
View attachment 977010

Hot day soon after I got it broken in. I'm sure cold air, right launch a 5.8 is possible

A Guy
Nope. At least where I live, there is nowhere that I'd even be at a complete stop when getting on to the freeway - I'm always going at least 35-40mph before approaching a freeway entrance. I think I've only floored the car a few time even while already moving. I really do never floor my cars from a dead stop. Just don't have the need or desire, to be honest. My years of doing that kind of stuff are long gone (I remember the older rear-wheel drive Buick Regals where good for spinning tire when the roads were wet - or in the snow). :) Some of those older V6 Regals needed floored just to keep them going up big hills - and the V8 (olds 307 motor) weren't really that much better. I've honestly never owned "fast" cars - I was always more into the luxury cars for comfort.

Although, I do actually drive faster than most on the highway, but like I said, rarely ever floor it and never from a dead stop. It's rare that I have enough open road to keep it floored for very long anyway. I also work from home now, so I don't even drive that much at all anymore.

I'm old and boring now. :) As long as I have a good sounding audio system, I'm happy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts