Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a complete exhaust system including headers all the way back to the exhaust tips that is a bolt in setup? Was thinking just doing a cat back but also looking at a complete setup. This is for a 2010 RT 5.7 with 5 speed auto. Thanks

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,461 Posts
My JBA longtube setup, with flow thru cats and true X-pipe mids, and of course the catback is one way to go.

·
Premium Member
2013 RT Classic
532 Posts
Headers on the 5.7 are a PITA but it can be done. I went with Dodge shorties, stock cats and 3 inch to the back, Porter high flow mufflers and no res. I am supercharged with ~500 to the tire. Long tube, cat delete, really would not make much difference at all. As to a bolt on kit, well there may be one out there but decide what you want and go for it. Bigger tubes for sure. Stock cats really do not give much resistance while "high flow" cats do not have the life span of factory.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am currently doing a full Hooker long tube and complete stainless system on my 2010 R/T, under "intake and exhaust".

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I believe kooks and American racing headers both have complete kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Headers on the 5.7 are a PITA but it can be done. I went with Dodge shorties, stock cats and 3 inch to the back, Porter high flow mufflers and no res. I am supercharged with ~500 to the tire. Long tube, cat delete, really would not make much difference at all. As to a bolt on kit, well there may be one out there but decide what you want and go for it. Bigger tubes for sure. Stock cats really do not give much resistance while "high flow" cats do not have the life span of factory.
where did you pickup your SRT8 cats? I'm doing something similar and looking for a set.

·
Premium Member
2013 RT Classic
532 Posts
SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!! I have been away for a while!
I picked them up from the add section on this site. They came from the great frozen north from a 6.1L and he sold the headers to me with the factory cats too. I don't remember the cost but it seems to be somewhere around $450 U.S. plus shipping which SEEMS to have been from memory about fifty to a hundred bucks. Just keep an eye on the parts for sale section, they come up every now and then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts