Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a header exhaust for my 2019 Dodge Challenger r/t. Guys, any recommendations? Thanks a lot.

Long tube is what I want. I got some choices like kooks, corsa, bba, hooker

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
634 Posts
Kooks & American Racing Headers with D-shaped ports are top quality. Go for 304 stainless which will get superificial surface rust but not rust through like 409. With catted mid-tubes expect the cost to run about $1500.

The kits should include O2 sensor extensions, gaskets and bolts. If not, Caspers Electronics extensions from Summit Racing are good-to-go and Ma Mopar gaskets are reliable as are the 6.1/6.4 bolts with thread sealant pre-applied.

If you're doing it yourself block off an entire day. Pulling the heads from the top make it very easy, but underneath is probably more common. Loosening the engine mounts, lifting the block a few inches, and unmounting the coolant tank and fuse box help with access. Some of those bolts are still a major PITA so have swivels and extensions ready! Oh, an O2 sensor wrench is incredibly helpful removing the stubborn factory sensors.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,259 Posts
I run stainless works long tubes with high flow cats (bought on sale for ~$1400 shipped from Speedlogix). On RTs you will find the heat shields to be a annoying to get off. I did one side at a time by removing the engine mount and raising the engine. I also used 12" wheel cribs which gave more than enough room under the car. The driver side is the easiest but passenger side was a pain because of the engine mount bracket stud. Some have said they did not have to remove the starter or steering shaft or engine mounts but doing so gave me a lot more room to get the exhaust header to head bolts on. When it comes to the tune, most tuners will disable the rear O2s which will not let you pass emissions. I have been running my setup with O2 enabled and COT adjusted and have had no issues for past 2 years.

Speaking of O2s...before installing the headers have extra bungs installed for a wide band. Much easier to do this while the headers are out of the car. Oh and use stock exhaust gaskets (5.7s have a built in heat shield where as 6.4s don't but either will work).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.