Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
12,793 Posts
I run stainless works long tubes with high flow cats (bought on sale for ~$1400 shipped from Speedlogix). On RTs you will find the heat shields to be a annoying to get off. I did one side at a time by removing the engine mount and raising the engine. I also used 12" wheel cribs which gave more than enough room under the car. The driver side is the easiest but passenger side was a pain because of the engine mount bracket stud. Some have said they did not have to remove the starter or steering shaft or engine mounts but doing so gave me a lot more room to get the exhaust header to head bolts on. When it comes to the tune, most tuners will disable the rear O2s which will not let you pass emissions. I have been running my setup with O2 enabled and COT adjusted and have had no issues for past 2 years.

Speaking of O2s...before installing the headers have extra bungs installed for a wide band. Much easier to do this while the headers are out of the car. Oh and use stock exhaust gaskets (5.7s have a built in heat shield where as 6.4s don't but either will work).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.