Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going with shorty headers on a 3.5 I think. Currently have flowmaster force II set up fir exhaust....

Any recommendations as install seems to be easier due to smaller size of 3.5 motor compared to 5.7...?

Will I have to adjust connection to exhaust?

thanks all in advance

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,717 Posts
If you have a 3.5L and not the newer 3.6L, then you can install headers, but you will have trouble finding some for sale anywhere. That is an older engine and most places won’t stock parts like that for such an old engine that wasn’t a big favorite for mods in the first place.

If you are unsure which engine you have, it’s pretty simple to tell: is the car a 2011 year model or newer?
Yes = 3.6L (no header upgrade possible)
No = 3.5L (header upgrades are possible if parts can be found)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
731 Posts
Nuke is right. I read the post too quickly, and saw 3.6 where it actually said 3.5. With ten years of turning wrenches on 3.6 V6s, the V6s all start to run together. My apologies.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,717 Posts
Also, if this is a 3.5L header upgrade, there will be scant little info to be found on this site regarding mods for that engine, and probably zero discussing that specific mod to the 3.5L.

The ChargerForums site or the LXForums site will have many more threads available for reference in modding the 3.5L, especially when it comes to installing some aftermarket headers on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts