Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to install srt8 headers on my r/t. Can the stock r/t bolts be reused or are they to long? if not what bolts should i use? also what should i put on the bolts? lock tight? antisieze?

any info would be great
thanks Rob

·
Banned
804 Posts
you need to use 6.1 header bolts. The 5.7 bolts won't work. The 6.1 bolts are the best out there anyway...they will never loosen,they come with a special loctite from the factory....make sure to use factory 6.1 header gaskets as well.

·
Banned
804 Posts
I suggest the factory R/T gaskets. The ports are the same, and the R/T gaskets have a heat shield lip which protects the valve cover gasket and alternator cable.
Pics? Haven't seen them yet? Also the 6.1 manifolds are insulated very well and don't seem to burn or damage the harness like long tubes or aftermarket shorties do.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, ill pick up some 6.1 bolts. i did get r/t gaskets already and they do have a heat shield.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Pics? Haven't seen them yet? Also the 6.1 manifolds are insulated very well and don't seem to burn or damage the harness like long tubes or aftermarket shorties do.
Picture shows the factory 5.7L manifold gasketes and the black felt like gaskets that came with my JBA shorty headers,...no contest of what to use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,120 Posts
Anybody know the Mopar part number for the R/T gaskets?

Seems like the best way to go when using aftermarket shorties.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
anybody know the mopar part number for the r/t gaskets?

Seems like the best way to go when using aftermarket shorties.

53032965af & 530332966af

1 - 12 of 12 Posts