Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Its time for that spring time upgrade! Im looking into buying some headers and I need some help... I read a few threads on here and made a few phone calls to several dealers.

Right now I have Borla ATAK catback on my 2011 RT Challenger. I have heard that the XR-1s by Borla are a good buy. What do you guys think? Is it a difficult install? Any other brands that come close?

Thanks for the help :)

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Unless you're planning on going forced induction or building your motor I would use the money elsewhere. For the money and labor I don't know if you'll get much bang for for your buck. I considered this at one point but felt happy with how my exhaust sounds.

·
Registered
625 Posts
JBA shorties is the answer you are looking for. No need for anything more than their standard stainless offering. Much easier to install compared to the SRT shorties. Kit comes with everything you need, but I would recommend mopar gaskets.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I uave xr1s and long tubes and they dont really sound amazing to me. I much rather have the atak cb. Do jba shorties. Sounds awesome and gain 30hp

·
Registered
477 Posts
Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Borla should work well with Borla, have ATAK also and am installing ARH LTs (1-3/4" tube ones) and cats, no shorties or someone else's "stock" (SRT) parts here either!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Im selling my srt take off headers and cats if your interested. ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts