Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know some good headers and Cats that will fit my Mopar exhaust and make my 2010 Challenger RT have a deeper rumble. I was looking at the BBK's but i watched a few video's online and it doesn't seem like they make the car seem any deeper than what mine is right now. I then was looking at the KooK's long tube headers but a few people said they had nothing but issues with them. I really do not care about the price i just want good headers and cat's that will give me allot more horse power and torque as well as give it a deeper rumble then what i got right now and will not throw a bunch of codes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just installed Kooks lt's with no cats. Sounds awesome! Deep sound and makes the car found like a real
Musclecar.
Any LT header will throw codes, you need to delete/ disable certain codes with a programmer.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Kooks and Dynatech are both great options if you want to go the longtube route. You could also save some $$ and go with Shorty headers which will also pick up some HP. You could add high flow cats to those as well.

Comparison
Kooks LT w mids $1611
Kooks Long Tube Headers w/ Catted Mid-Pipe 05-09 300, Challenger, Charger, Magnum 5.7L
Dynatech LT w Mids $1358
Dynatech Supermaxx Full Length Headers 05-09 300/Challenger/Charger/Magnum 5.7L

JBA Shorty's $398
JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers 09-10 300, Challenger, Charger 5.7L
Magnaflow Mids $412
MagnaFlow High-Flow Mid-Pipe w/ Cats 05-10 300, Challenger, Charger, Magnum 5.7L R/T

Longtubes will give you more sound, and pick up a bit more HP than shorty's, IMO the longtubes are better suited if you plan on doing more intensive mods

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm pretty sure kooks makes only one set of headers for SRT's. 1 7/8" stepped long tube headers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts