Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am investigating the option of installing a set of Kooks headers and a Corsa catback for my 2010 R/T and am wondering what the tuning implications are regarding the headers.

Ideal situation would be pop on the headers and catbacks and drive it without messing with tuning but something tells me this may not be the case. Given that there is a change in back pressure, what does this due to the stock setup and what if any changes in tuning are required - if there are any? Will the computer adjust or is it necessary for a custom tune.

Anybody have any insights on this?

Thanks.

·
Banned
262 Posts
I am investigating the option of installing a set of Kooks headers and a Corsa catback for my 2010 R/T and am wondering what the tuning implications are regarding the headers.

Ideal situation would be pop on the headers and catbacks and drive it without messing with tuning but something tells me this may not be the case. Given that there is a change in back pressure, what does this due to the stock setup and what if any changes in tuning are required - if there are any? Will the computer adjust or is it necessary for a custom tune.

Anybody have any insights on this?

Thanks.
You may need to add a little fuel with the predator,I added 10%.Custom tune is not necessary.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
A custom tune will be necessary to get rid of the inevitable codes you will get with the hi flo cats, and to be honest, you may be leaving 10 rwhp or so on the table by not having iut custom tuned, which makes for an expensive upgrade with little gain ;)

·
Banned
262 Posts
Mike has diablo ever thought of offering a pre loaded headers tune on the predator,like a 93CaiHeaders tune.

·
Registered
724 Posts
IMO i think headers and cat back exhaust are a waste on money. Now if your going to add a head,cam and hogged out intake manifold thats a diff ball game.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
IMO i think headers and cat back exhaust are a waste on money. Now if your going to add a head,cam and hogged out intake manifold thats a diff ball game.

He has an RT, headers are a big improvement with the RT. If he had an SRT I would agree with you.

OP,
CMR for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts