Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added some headers and a air intake and a body throttle to my challenger. But i have a wierd exhaust sound i think its the MDS making my car sound like a loud trucker. “ My question is can i turn off the MDS with a diablo tuner or should i just get a actual tune up and asked them to turn off my MDS . Any tips 😭

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,123 Posts
Yes, the DiabloSport handheld tuner should be able to disable the MDS. Just go in to the tune section like you are going to load a new one, but disable MDS and back out. That should load the current with a single modification - MDS is turned off.

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,392 Posts
I just added some headers and a air intake and a body throttle to my challenger. But i have a wierd exhaust sound i think its the MDS making my car sound like a loud trucker. “ My question is can i turn off the MDS with a diablo tuner or should i just get a actual tune up and asked them to turn off my MDS . Any tips 😭
What Nuke said until you can actually get a tune. Bigger TB and Headers you will want to get a tune to account for those changes.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T 5.7L A8 Pitch Black aka "Black Beauty"
61 Posts
If it is before 2015 Yes, if it is a 2015 or after, not without an unlocked ECM installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts