Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I did Stainless Work long tubes a couple months ago. No modifications but I did have to remove the motor mounts, its the heat shields, need the clearance to get them out. I suggest swapping the motor mounts while your in there, its the one thing I wish I had done. I did my swap in the drive way on jack stands with my kids helping out. Hemifever did my tuning.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Scored a set of factory shorty 6.4L SRT headers/mids, should help get the gasses out easier, and factory stuff should be plug & play, maybe a fine tune later.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,581 Posts
I also installed stainless works LT headers but the 2 inch primary version (even tighter on space and barely enough room for the bolts). I bought 12" wheel cribs which give plenty of space under the car. I too removed the engine mounts but one at a time as I did driver's side first then passenger's side. I also removed the starter (3 bolts) and uncoupled the steering rod (1 bolt and the shaft slides out of the way) which made things much easier. Everything was done from under the car and with my sausage fingers. Make sure you use OEM gaskets as it seems many have had issues with aftermarket ones. Compared to LT headers...shorties should be easier to install. I would say 60% of the install time was spent on just getting the 2 top, front header bolts in.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,581 Posts
On the topic of headers...was quoted $800 to install LTs... ?

Might just jump in there myself and do it
It is a PITA to get the bolts in but having done it once, I am sure I can do the install in half the time. The passenger side is cakewalk but the passenger side can be a bastard to get the top bolts in.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
On the topic of headers...was quoted $800 to install LTs... ?

Might just jump in there myself and do it
I got the same quote, the reason I did it myself. They are just looking up the time for a manifold replacement and charging their shop rate.

·
Registered
2016 RT
112 Posts
Somebody please tell me why there are shields on the outside of the motor mounts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Somebody please tell me why there are shields on the outside of the motor mounts

They are part rubber, and break down with heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts