Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 SRT8. I recently put a Corsa Extreme cat back exhaust system on it. and now am looking at headers. Im looking at these Kooks long tube headers that are between $1200 and $1400 depending where you look. I also see these BBK headers for a fraction of the money. What can be so different in the 2 products? Why spend so much more on the Kooks?
And even after buying the headers i still have to buy a midpipe with or without cats correct?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
185 Posts
I think my Ebay headers and full exhaust probably cost me about $500 lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
Bbk are not equal length whereas kooks and arh are. As such they are not as efficient and will not scavenge as effectively.
Also bbks are a one size fits all type with the same part number running for the early square port 5.7 motors and the newer d port style. The other brands are custom tailored. (Not that this necessarily matters for you or your car).
That being said, we put bbks on my buddy’s 13 SS and they were decent quality minus having to be not hed to clear the steering shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GTtheGUY

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Do NOT go cheap with headers. Stainless Works and Kooks are the two companies that I trust the most with headers for our Mopars. They won't (or shouldn't) rust or leak and being equal length they will scavenge more effectively. Also don't skimp on getting high flow cats, deleting cats does very little for sound or power and having them makes your car greener and much less smelly.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,523 Posts
Now if you are going all out racing then removing cats might let you run a little more timing (at least on hell cats) and it allows you to completely bypass COT so it does not dump extra fuel, but then again you should not be driving the car on the streets.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I love my stainless works, only paid $1000 for them. Earlier today I was trying to get my friends O2 sensors off his bbk headers on his mustang and they were so rusted the bung ripped off and the O2 sensor rounded out. Also had some nice dents in the primaries from road debris. If you ask me it's 304 stainless or nothing for a car I care about. 304 is stronger and more corrosive resistant than 409.

Reactions: Spartan040
1 - 8 of 8 Posts