Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, stupid question but I want to make sure I understand this properly...

Headers and mid-pipes are essentially the REST of the exhaust system after you've added a cat-back correct?

I know everyone says cat-backs are essentially for sound and that they dont add too much HP, but what about if you add headers, mid pipes and a cat back? In THAT case do you see any substantial gains?

Would this type of thing require a tune? Could you get by with a Predator canned tune or would you need something more?

Also, how much do mid-pipes and headers affect the sound of the exhaust? How loud will the car be at that point?

Anyone have headers, mid-pipes and a ZOOMERS cat-back? How does it sound?

Can you guys post vids of your SRT-8's with these mods done?

·
Registered
86 Posts
yes that is pretty much "the rest" of the exhaust. as far as tuning, yes you will need to fatten her up due to the headers.once you have them installed contact a tuner and let them know ALL the mods you have and you will be taken care of.

·
Registered
864 Posts
What kind of headers/mids are you looking at?

Youll be able to drive it without doing a custom tune but you will get a CEL with long tubes if you go that way, cause of the o2 sensors, youll get more out of catless mids too.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much does changing headers and mid-pipes effect the sound of the exhaust?

Does it make the car a lot louder?

·
Registered
72 Posts
catless mids made it almost too loud. my mods you see below sound great. if you dont run cats than mds will drone you out. if the mds is off sounds alot better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have cat-less mids and i love how it sounds, that's just me though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts