Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im on the fence for next mod. shorty headers seem like a waste. how much hp would i gain with catless mids with mods in my sig. i have been researching the bbk 85mm tb. anybody got dyno numbers or faster track times with any combos or single mods above. lets hear some comments.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
TB will not be worthwhile with your current setup. I would also think long and hard about going catless.

And headers would actually help you out a lot. The stock RT manis are very restrictive.

·
Registered
864 Posts
^ what he said, if the emissions are lose where you are though go for catless. one of the guys on here had posted some pretty good results going catless.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we get emission tested here in ca when car is 6 yrs old. so wont have to pass a visual or sniff till 2017. mid pipes looks like an easy mod. i do all my own work on my rt. anyone dyno stock manifolds with catless mids? i saw a bbk tb dyno clip on youtube but forgot the amount of gain. could have been bs too. i wish hooker would make some nicely price long tubes.

·
Vendor
946 Posts
I never trust manufacturer's claimed horsepower numbers because I've only ever seen 1 manufacturer who was honest, lol. I base our stated gains off actual dyno testing and years of dyno'ing, tuning and modifying HEMIs.

The shorty headers will net you about 8rwhp. They're a decent gain for stock motors and once you start moving further forward these gaines will go up.

High Flow catted mid pipes will net you around 10 to 12 rwhp while off-road mid-pipes will get you closer to 15hp to the tires.

All of these modifications require fuel adjustments or custom tuning with the Predators. I just threw an intake, catback 180 tstat car on the dyno last week and it made 360 rwhp on an email tune from one of the supporting venders here on this forum while running at an a/f ratio of 13.8 (this will blow up your motor fairly quickly). When we went back and ran the Diablo 93 CAI tune the Challenger ran at a perfect a/f ratio of 12.8 and made around 15hp more through most of the power curve. Adding mods beyond the intake and cat-back to make more power will require tuning adjustments, just be weary who does the tuning, lol.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks horseman, if i go further in my mods i plan on welding in a bung and running a wideband.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts