Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7 Hemi
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Rt 5.7.... What type of headers do you guys recommend. Im looking for something not to expensive but is pretty good for a daily driver. What size and should i go with short or long tubes. I do have a diabilo tuner and cai already. Any info would be great

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,497 Posts
I love my Kooks long tubes, Here's what I run

I am upgrading my mid pipes this spring as I am going to a Hellcat cat back.

My mistake, I just have Kooks high flow cats not "Green"

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,297 Posts
2013 Rt 5.7.... What type of headers do you guys recommend. Im looking for something not to expensive but is pretty good for a daily driver. What size and should i go with short or long tubes. I do have a diabilo tuner and cai already. Any info would be great
Shorty headers on a 5.7 will give some improvement over the stock manifolds so if you want to go the cheap route that is an option. You may even be able to pick up some 6.4l manifolds/shortys to save even more money. However you will get more out of the longtubes. If you don't plan to make any additional modifications the 1 3/4 is the size I recommend.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
As McCloud said.... you will get the most out of the long tube.

Stay away from shorty headers and exchanging manifolds. If you are going to all the trouble of pulling off the manifolds, get the biggest bang for the buck and get long tubes. Focus on quality and ease of fitment- the performance difference will be negligible. You will be glad you got an easy to install set that bolts up with no hassle.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
I can go into a whole scientific rant on why you should get long tubes, but I won't. It's already on these forums if you're interested. simply put, the stock manifolds already "flow" enough. They just don't flow efficiently. switching to another short style manifold/header won't change that at all, switching to a long tube will. It's all about exhaust scavenging. I got my long tube headers from stainless works(stainless power) for $950 shipped. 304 stainless too so they won't rust and comes with mid pipes and all hardware ofc. Tho I recommend using a oem 6.1/6.4 exhaust gasket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts