Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a last month I installed my Borla Atak catback exhaust onto my 2013 dodge challenger. Since then I have been looking around for matching headers but cannot find one. So my question to you all is... which set of headers would work with my catback exhaust and also whats the benefits of having long tube headers vs. Short tube headers?

·
Vendor
13,058 Posts
So a last month I installed my Borla Atak catback exhaust onto my 2013 dodge challenger. Since then I have been looking around for matching headers but cannot find one. So my question to you all is... which set of headers would work with my catback exhaust and also whats the benefits of having long tube headers vs. Short tube headers?
the quick easy answer, is the longtube will favor higher rpm performance, while the shorties will give you better low end performance, also must have a tuner with long tubes, you will get away without it with the shorties
Luke

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have heard a lot of people running the BBK or KOOKS headers. I would personally go with the long tube headers. That is the next mod I will be doing. They seem to have an overall higher benifet and sound quite stronger lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
It also comes down to emissions... Shorties are likely to not have an issue with emissions and CEL's, vs Long Tubes were you will have Emission and CEL issues, unless you run a tune and have O2 plug extensions (correct me if I'm wrong). If your in a state where they don't check that every year or hook up your car to a sniffer, then you are good to go... Unlike NYC, unless you know the guy who does the testing, your getting hooked up to a sniffer... I know a few guys but still went with shorty headers...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am on the fence about installing some JBA short tube headers. Performance gains are minimal but I like the idea of allowing the engine to breathe better. Sound should remain about the same. Still, the cats are the bottleneck from what I've read here on the forum. I did chat wirh a local installer who said that I'd notice better throttle response. Thats not something Ive read here on the forum. Anyone else confirm throttle response or have some other benefits to adding shorties?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Kooks all day .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts