Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Challenger, and when I bought it, the headlights were aimed too low. I adjusted them up, and I adjusted the passenger one too high (because the bulb was wedged in sideways) I pulled the bulb and reinserted it. It was then that I noticed that the bulb was aimed at the second story window.

I tried to adjust it down tonight and it doesn't move. I've verified that the screw is spinning, and the gear on the back of the lighting housing is spinning, but the aim is not changing.

Is there anything short of replacing the housing that I can do to fix the light aim?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,588 Posts
I have a 2016 Challenger, and when I bought it, the headlights were aimed too low. I adjusted them up, and I adjusted the passenger one too high (because the bulb was wedged in sideways) I pulled the bulb and reinserted it. It was then that I noticed that the bulb was aimed at the second story window.

I tried to adjust it down tonight and it doesn't move. I've verified that the screw is spinning, and the gear on the back of the lighting housing is spinning, but the aim is not changing.

Is there anything short of replacing the housing that I can do to fix the light aim?
Make sure that it hasn't popped out of the socket. I'll try and find a picture, but that sounds familiar.

Reactions: cschalk

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If you stripped the internal plastic gears you will need a new headlight (unless you want to try taking it apart).

I have replaced about 6 headlights for people that have done the exact same thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you stripped the internal plastic gears you will need a new headlight (unless you want to try taking it apart).

I have replaced about 6 headlights for people that have done the exact same thing.
Thanks, guess I'll be buying a replacement and tearing the front of my car apart :(
Make sure that it hasn't popped out of the socket. I'll try and find a picture, but that sounds familiar.
I'll check around, perhaps a bit of violent troubleshooting might pop it back into place?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried some vigorous troubleshooting tonight (hit it with a hammer) and it's no longer pointing at the sky, but it's also not pointing straight ahead either. I'll have to buy a replacement and swap it out. I watched a few videos and the bumper/grille look pretty easy to remove.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts