Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, in need of some advice. I drive from Wilcox, AZ to Scottsdale, AZ weekly at night and for most of the drive on the I 10 it’s pitch black and my OEM headlights are not doing the job to my standards of lighting up this dangerous road. Any advice on headlights to replace these that are brighter? Or maybe hiding some type of light bar in the grill? any tips are appreciated! Thanks guys

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put Philips 9012 Crystal vision bulbs on mine and its slightly better at night, but no improvement during rain. I mainly did it for the xenon white look and am satisfied. I was tempted to install HID's but I didn't want to drill holes in the headlamp covers and the headlights are meant for halogen. I can only imagine it would glare oncoming traffic and I didn't want to be "that" driver. I've heard and seen some pretty good LED bulbs on Challengers. That's another option.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Diode dynamics offers a really bright white LED for the fogs (I chose the yellow ones) and you can adjust the angle of the fog lights up a little to have them cast out more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually just invested into a Oracle High Output LED Conversion Kit. 4000lm, 6000k lights.

They're pretty bright only thing is installation was a little weird, but once I spoke with someone from Oracle I had it figured out in no time.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you have a 2016 SRT, then don’t you have OEM HID?

·
Registered
15,054 Posts
Yep sure does, my 16 SRT lights up the road like no other car I've ever driven, can't imagine needing more. Something must be wrong somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What year is your car???
I had a 2010 Challenger SE...
AND...I can't believe how much brighter the head lights are on my 2011 SRT8!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2016 SRT 392....yes it has the Stock HID headlights I believe. it’s bright enough 100% when I’m driving around the city of Scottsdale at night because there are light poles everywhere. My issue is when I’m driving on the I 10 from Phoenix to Tucson and then beyond, Tucson to Wilcox, AZ.....it’s about 90 miles from Tucson to Wilcox and during that particular part of the drive there are zero light poles, the road has tons of curves, with a good amount of very sharp blind corners and curves that are very dangerous.when I’m driving this part of the road it’s usually pretty empty in terms of cars so I don’t have Taillights to guide me, and my normal lights do not give me enough distance in front to really feel “comfortable” or “safe”. If I flick on the brights (I turn them off when I see another car of course) I get a decent amount of light which improves my vision and lets me relax a little bit. I don’t think there is anything wrong with my headlights, such as them functioning weak or not drawing full power. I just believe my standards for light may be higher than some of the other members In the group. what would be the best option for me in your guys opinion? If it were your car and your budget was decent but not outrageous by any means. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,054 Posts
Try running in Auto High Beam mode, it will keep the high beams on as much as possible and that should help a lot.

I've also set the NAV to display at a certain distance and this will show you any upcoming sharp turns at a glance.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Switch bulbs out for closer to 3000k or 4300k. A little yellow in the light will help. The whiter or more blue the light the less it seems to light up the road. Especially when the road is wet or black top.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,373 Posts
One of the things I'm thinking about is installing a set of Clearwater lights on my car. I have the "Krista's" on my motorcycle and they are insane.

CLICKY HERE

They are indeed made primarily for motorcycles, but can be installed on anything: car, boat, motorcycle, lawnmower... They're pricey, but these are not Chinese junk, and they come with a dimmer switch. You WILL need the dimmer as they absolutely blind oncoming cars, depending how you aim them. The Erica's for example use 60 watts to produce over 6000 lumens each: very efficient. If you want bright, look no further than Clearwater. Customer service is incredible. I own a set of Krista's, which generate 2400 lumens each and they are plenty bright enough for me. I love them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts