Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I might find tips/instructions in removing the headlight assemblies on an 09 SRT8

Thanks Kojak

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suffered a minor impact and I'm would like to massage the crease out. Access to any info regarding headlight assembly removal would be greatly appreciated. At your convenience and very much appreciated. Thanks. Bruno

·
Registered
172 Posts
You have to take the bumper off to get the headlights out. It is pretty straight forward, but you will need to get those plastic rivets to put it back together (like OEM).

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I have the front bumper off, and took off the three screws to remove the headlight assembly, but there's a fourth metal stud of sorts that seems to snap into a plastic retainer. How do I get this apart. I tried yanking, but it doesn't come apart.

I just got off the phone with ACC, they said "pull harder!" Hope it doesn't break..

Had to pry them off with a screwdriver, but they finally popped out. Eating some eggs, then will crack open the headlight housings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the front bumper off, and took off the three screws to remove the headlight assembly, but there's a fourth metal stud of sorts that seems to snap into a plastic retainer. How do I get this apart. I tried yanking, but it doesn't come apart.

I just got off the phone with ACC, they said "pull harder!" Hope it doesn't break..

Had to pry them off with a screwdriver, but they finally popped out. Eating some eggs, then will crack open the headlight housings.
Hi there SpudRacer, I am helping my friend on her headlight removal, we tried that last night and no luck for that one. We had a hard time on the screws. We will try this one hopefully will work.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Hi there SpudRacer, I am helping my friend on her headlight removal, we tried that last night and no luck for that one. We had a hard time on the screws. We will try this one hopefully will work.
Did you get it out?? That stud on the back of the headlight housing near the fender is a real bear to get loose...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts