Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm considering doing the headlight port mod but without the Hellcat HC Airbox. I'm thinking of going the normal K&N CAI with a rubber tube (less heat) instead. Any thought of how the airflow would be? Would I need to modify a tube to direct the airflow from the Headlight port in order for the CAI to grab that air? Should I expect better results with the Headlight Port over just installing at CAI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
You will see minimum gains from any of the above. Going to the hellcat box or K&N is more personal preference (while I am sure one may be slightly better than the other but nothing that would show any drastic difference in performance). If the K&N airbox is open on the side where the headlight opening is, you are good to go, if its not then yes, you would need to direct that air to the airbox somehow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will see minimum gains from any of the above. Going to the hellcat box or K&N is more personal preference (while I am sure one may be slightly better than the other but nothing that would show any drastic difference in performance). If the K&N airbox is open on the side where the headlight opening is, you are good to go, if its not then yes, you would need to direct that air to the airbox somehow.

Gotcha! Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts