Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my headlights on my '16 Challenger SXT are dull and almost yellow. People cant tell the difference between my Hi and low beams just overall poor visibility. What do I need to do to replace them with LED/HID/Halogen/Projector bulbs? Is one of them default/cheaper/brighter? I dont want to change the entire unit the goal would be I guess to just change the bulb, like i would in my house if changing from to florescent bulbs. Any help or install guides or light kits options would be helpful

·
Registered
10 Posts
So my headlights on my '16 Challenger SXT are dull and almost yellow. People cant tell the difference between my Hi and low beams just overall poor visibility. What do I need to do to replace them with LED/HID/Halogen/Projector bulbs? Is one of them default/cheaper/brighter? I dont want to change the entire unit the goal would be I guess to just change the bulb, like i would in my house if changing from to florescent bulbs. Any help or install guides or light kits options would be helpful
I have a 2016 SXT Plus with HID. However, I had a 2016 CHRYSLER 200S and I used LED replacement bulbs from AMAZON.COM. The bulbs in the above referenced link are extremely overpriced and underpowered (as far as the amount of lumens). Suggestion only... Look for LED bulbs with at least 3200 LUMENS PER BULB. If not, you'll be extremely disappointed with the distance the light travels from the front of the vehicle. As far as color goes, I use 6000K which some say has a tiny bluish tint and others say are a PURE white. A 5000K color will almost identically match the halos, but is sometimes harder to find. I swapped out the stock HID bulbs in my Challenger because I thought they were too yellow as compared to the halos. Currently, I have the 6000K HID bulbs in it and they look phenomenal with the halos. I also replaced my fog lamps with LED bulbs colored 6000K so everything matches color wise. I, and so many others that approach me about the car, love the look. It truly looks how it SHOULD HAVE BEEN set up from the factory! However, everyone has different opinions, so I'll just say it's my preference and leave it at that. Anyway, I apologize for what feels like a long winded reply to your question, but hope this helps somewhat!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts

These are pics of Challenger and Chrysler 200S. The 200S is all LED replacement bulbs from Amazon.com. Color 6000K and Lumens 3600 per bulb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2016 SXT Plus with HID. However, I had a 2016 CHRYSLER 200S and I used LED replacement bulbs from AMAZON.COM. The bulbs in the above referenced link are extremely overpriced and underpowered (as far as the amount of lumens). Suggestion only... Look for LED bulbs with at least 3200 LUMENS PER BULB. If not, you'll be extremely disappointed with the distance the light travels from the front of the vehicle. As far as color goes, I use 6000K which some say has a tiny bluish tint and others say are a PURE white. A 5000K color will almost identically match the halos, but is sometimes harder to find. I swapped out the stock HID bulbs in my Challenger because I thought they were too yellow as compared to the halos. Currently, I have the 6000K HID bulbs in it and they look phenomenal with the halos. I also replaced my fog lamps with LED bulbs colored 6000K so everything matches color wise. I, and so many others that approach me about the car, love the look. It truly looks how it SHOULD HAVE BEEN set up from the factory! However, everyone has different opinions, so I'll just say it's my preference and leave it at that. Anyway, I apologize for what feels like a long winded reply to your question, but hope this helps somewhat!

So what is the link for the bulbs used used also how did you go about just switching out the bulb in the lights and not the entire housing assemby. Like how much $$ did you sink into making those uppgrades

·
Registered
10 Posts
So what is the link for the bulbs used used also how did you go about just switching out the bulb in the lights and not the entire housing assemby. Like how much $$ did you sink into making those uppgrades
Yes... All swaps were direct replacement. No housing or hardware changes. No code errors whatsoever. Below are the links to each bulb I used. The H11 bulb is the fog lamp for both vehicles.

HID-Warehouse® HID Xenon Replacement Bulbs - D3S / D3R / D3C - 6000K Light Blue (1 Pair) - 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DQ3KYL2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_kdeHw4lTI3IqY

MICTUNING H11, H8, H9 CREE LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit - 60W 6,000Lm Cool White w/ Amber Filter, 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B2XPKNK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yXJQyb4B5CR98

This link is the headlights for my 200S...
OPT7 Fluxbeam LED Headlight Kit w/ Clear Arc-Beam Bulbs - 9005 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNBDOV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_cZJQybHTEX32S

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT Plus
38 Posts
I thought the base sxt was a halogen bulb? So if he does not want to modify the car at all wouldn't a replacement halogen be the proper suggestion?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes... All swaps were direct replacement. No housing or hardware changes. No code errors whatsoever. Below are the links to each bulb I used. The H11 bulb is the fog lamp for both vehicles.

HID-Warehouse® HID Xenon Replacement Bulbs - D3S / D3R / D3C - 6000K Light Blue (1 Pair) - 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DQ3KYL2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_kdeHw4lTI3IqY

MICTUNING H11, H8, H9 CREE LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit - 60W 6,000Lm Cool White w/ Amber Filter, 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B2XPKNK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yXJQyb4B5CR98

This link is the headlights for my 200S...
OPT7 Fluxbeam LED Headlight Kit w/ Clear Arc-Beam Bulbs - 9005 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNBDOV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_cZJQybHTEX32S

Are you having any noise interference issues with your radio? I had previously tried swapping out LEDs in my SXT and I would get noise on local FM stations. So bad you couldn't listen to the radio. I believe it was related to the anti flicker device. I tried it in the Scat Pack with same result so I sold them.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you having any noise interference issues with your radio? I had previously tried swapping out LEDs in my SXT and I would get noise on local FM stations. So bad you couldn't listen to the radio. I believe it was related to the anti flicker device. I tried it in the Scat Pack with same result so I sold them.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Nope... None that I noticed. However, I don't use the radio that much. Use mostly XM, Pandora, and music on my phone. Also, I'm 10-20 miles from major city, so reception shouldn't be an issue for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have projector halogen bulbs
If that's the case, then LED replacement bulbs is an alternative. You can use a whiter shade of halogen bulb as well. It's all a matter of preference. That's why I showed pics of both of my cars that I replaced the headlights in. One with LED bulbs... One with HID and LED. I feel like I will refrain from making suggestions in the future if I have to reply and defend a decision I made on my vehicles and then share my opinion which was asked to the general challengertalk.com public. To each his own.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT Plus
38 Posts
So the LED bulb linked here, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNBDOV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_cZJQybHTEX32S would fit the challenger halogen slot plug and play? If so that's really neat, I may try them out on mine. Would you say the viability on the led bulbs are better thanthe standard halogen?

*edit* I do not see a 9012 size so they may not make one that fits the challenger.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,131 Posts
So the LED bulb linked here, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNBDOV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_cZJQybHTEX32S would fit the challenger halogen slot plug and play? If so that's really neat, I may try them out on mine. Would you say the viability on the led bulbs are better thanthe standard halogen?

*edit* I do not see a 9012 size so they may not make one that fits the challenger.
In my searching, they often list HB4 9006 9012

Example

https://www.amazon.com/6000K-Bright-Headlight-Conversion-Replacement/dp/B0145JQL9U

Makes me think the 9006 is interchangeable. A Guy

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT Plus
38 Posts
O good find! So maybe they do fit. Defiantly interested in trying some if they are brighter than normal halogens.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,131 Posts
I'd suggest asking @Diode Dynamics in the Diode Dynamic section of the Vendor forum. I'm sure they'd know. A Guy

·
Registered
195 Posts
You can try swapping the bulbs with the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs. I did, but to be honest I didn't notice that much of a difference over the stock bulbs...not like I had expected anyways. But it is a direct halogen bulb swap out so no type of hardware change is needed. Can be done in about 30 min give or take, if I remember correctly.
\

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm also looking into replacing the factory halogen bulbs in my 2016 SXT, I know the low beams are 9012 and the fogs are H11, what about the high beams? I can't find anywhere that specifically mentions the exact bulb size of each category, especially the high beams. Looking at the LASFIT 6000K bulbs (3800LMs per bulb) listed on Amazon to replace the highs, lows, and fogs.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,131 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ZEZ. I believe the bulb is a combined low/high beam, dual filament.

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ZEZ. I believe the bulb is a combined low/high beam, dual filament.

A Guy
Thanks! Just got my challenger about 2 weeks ago, already have a cold air intake, exhast, and eibachs on it, really enjoying it.

And ah I gotcha, so the same exact bulb is used for the high beams it's just angled higher when you flip them on?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts