Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New problem tonight when I got home. I backed the car in the garage and turned it off. Went inside for about 10 minutes and went back out to the garage to feed the dog. The headlights were on. The switch was in the auto position. Turned the switch to the off position and they stayed on. Turned the switch all the way on then off and they went off. A couple minutes later the lights came back on by themselves with the switch in the off position. Again turned the switch all the way on then off and they went out. Came back on three more times like this within a couple minutes each time.

Disconnected the battery for now.

Only had the car a week or so. No problems until now. 2010 SRT8, 3800 miles when I got it, 4300 miles now.

Only thing did was update the navigation two days ago.

Any ideas???:worried:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bet the batteries in your key fob are dying. This had been happening to me for the last two or three weeks, and then the locks and windows started operating by themselves as well. Grabbed my second key fob and the poltergeist act stopped.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Huh, I got freeky deeky stuff just like that. Only add all the dash lights blink on and off and wont start. Here the fuel pumps and all kinds of switches clicking under the dash. A few trys, some bad words, walk away, come back, and it starts. ??????
FT

·
Registered
955 Posts
This may have nothing to do with it, but you said you're a new owner. Check the EVIC settings to see if there is one for headlight delayed off. It could just be a setting you're not familiar with yet and the car is doing exactly what it's programmed to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lights come back on by themselves after being off for several minutes even when the switch is in the off position. I'm not even I the garage when it happens and the key fobs are both in the house.

I will check the EVIC settings tomorrow and see if anything can be adjusted.

Thanks for you ideas!!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Happened to me at work a few months ago. Ended up driving it around for 10mins then parked it agaim at work and they turned off. Havnt had the problem sense.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
I bet the batteries in your key fob are dying. This had been happening to me for the last two or three weeks, and then the locks and windows started operating by themselves as well. Grabbed my second key fob and the poltergeist act stopped.
I've also heard of this happening when you have 2 FOBIKs but haven't used one in awhile. It loses sync with the car and they don't cooperate very well. The car has Keyless GO, so it's constantly accepting incoming requests from any nearby keys (that feature where it auto-unlocks when you touch the handle).

Another idea to throw in the mix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did change the batteries in both fobs, but I think I figured this out.......and I feel stupid. I had one of the fobs in my pocket along with my keys for my jeep along with several other keys on a key chain and a pocket knife. I think what was happening was that the unlock button on the fob was accidently getting pushed as I was getting up and down from sitting on the couch, which turned on the headlights. I took the fob out of my pocket and it hasn't happened since.
Thanks Guys. :scratchhead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts