Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 RTs headlights flicker after starting engine, the lights are HIDs. I have discovered I have a 145A alternator instead of the called for 160A, could this be the reason for my flickering, they do not flicker with engine off. Only getting power from alternator.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Was the alternator replaced at some point or did you get the car that way? I would have to yes, that if it calls for a 160 Alternator, than it needs it, especially for the HID's.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought car about a month ago this alternator was already on it. I don't have a lot of history on this car. But iam sure a denso part would not be stock. Car only has 33k but is almost 10 yrs old.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I bought car about a month ago this alternator was already on it. I don't have a lot of history on this car. But iam sure a denso part would not be stock. Car only has 33k but is almost 10 yrs old.
I would look for a 160, but stay away from the dealer as it will most likely be more expensive than one from NAPA, Autozone, etc. If that's your plan. Also, I would check your battery to see if it is good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts