Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this question has been posted before, I looked and never saw one. But I have been driving my Challenger on the Highway alot lately and I really dont like the head lights. My dims with my fog lights seem almost as bright as my high beams. I like the look of the Halo lights, but I want the brightest ones I can legally get......

Is it Halos?
Is it the SRT projection headlights?
Should I just go down to the local Canadian Tire and get new bulbs??

Thanks in advance for the advice

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Halos are just decoration and do nothing for the useful light output.

If you can get a factory set of HIDs (High Intensity Discharge) "SRT projection headlights" that would be your best bet. I never had HIDs until the Challenger I would not want to go back to regular lights.

HID inserts in the standard housings are good for blinding oncoming drivers.:fight:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
The easiest and least expensive option would be high efficacy bulbs like Phillips XTreme Power +80, Osram Night Breaker +90, etc. I would suggest staying away from blue coated, over-wattage and/or HID "kits" as waumo mentioned (plug & play HID bulbs in halogen applications). The two bulbs I used as examples have light blue bands on the bulbs but are clear where it counts. ....the light tint is likely to satisfy consumers looking for the "whiter" look. Unlike "hyper/extreme white" blue coated bulbs however, these do perform well and produce much more "useable" light than standard halogen bulbs. Availability will depend on application (you'll need to check).

Another alternative is to acquire all of the components needed to swap out your current hardware with OEM HID's. ....or retrofit other HID projectors in your housings. The problem with the latter is that it will take some skill to do the job right and is "technically" illegal (but so are "kits"). There are companies out there that provide this service though.

Personally, I chose the HID option on my R/T but if I didn't, I would simply go with better halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Stated above, the Halos are just for looks, but man they are badass

Seems like for the actual lighting itself, an HID kit would be the best for you. I plan on doing this some point as well, but dont know too much info about the topic.

Halos are really cool and I want to do them, but they arent cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts