Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you put the 2015 srt headlights onto a 2012. I want to have it with the air going through the center of the light directly to the air intake.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I'm sorry. I don't see how this is possible. Maybe someone else will come along and have a suggestion for you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The only real option.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,401 Posts
Well, not ONLY ;) They look very similar but wiring colors slightly different, maybe same manufacturer

A Guy

·
Registered
190 Posts
I installed 2016 front and rear tail lights on my 2014, had to do some rewiring but they work good, with either halogens or HID, the only thing is that I now have the fast flashing on turn signals. (I also did bumper upgrades as well) I am not sure if they will work on a 2012 tho.
View attachment 980031
well done!, I have a 2014 392 I`d like very much to do the same did you have Halogen on originally ? if so I believe,
the socket on the harness was 3 wire earth(black), White with Dark Blue Low beam ,White/Light green High beam
(L/H side) did you manage to log the wiring change over ? some pictures be great so other guys like us can change them hope to hear regards

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lopezel, you may need to fit a low voltage resistor to slow down the fast blinking the ECU is reading a fault on as
if you have a none working bulb your original lights where Halogen I believe the new set up you have I`m sure are part LED ! hence fast flashing, Its a thought I may be wrong

·
Registered
16 Posts
well done!, I have a 2014 392 I`d like very much to do the same did you have Halogen on originally ? if so I believe,
the socket on the harness was 3 wire earth(black), White with Dark Blue Low beam ,White/Light green High beam
(L/H side) did you manage to log the wiring change over ? some pictures be great so other guys like us can change them hope to hear regards
Thanks! I originally had HiD but got a good deal on on 2016 halogens so that’s what I currently have, I did manage to get a Left Hid with a broken housing so I want to switch Hid parts into my halogen one but I still need the right side. (Hid works with my current wire set up as well) This is how I have my left side connected
there is a wire coming from the 2016 and up pigtail that you do not connect, that is for the safety shut off switch in case of fire but 14 and Under don’t use it

this is the right side

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lopezel, you may need to fit a low voltage resistor to slow down the fast blinking the ECU is reading a fault on as
if you have a none working bulb your original lights where Halogen I believe the new set up you have I`m sure are part LED ! hence fast flashing, Its a thought I may be wrong
I believe that that is what I need to add but I haven’t try it yet, I’m not sure the resistance I need and if I need to add one or more than one to the front and back since both are converted to 2016 🤔

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,568 Posts
If you need pinouts go here

for wiring diagrams go here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts