Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2010 RT two weeks ago, noticed right away that the headlights would come on with the parking lights. While dealing with the engine splash guard hanging below front spoiler I had the fascia off & noticed a shade tree wiring job where they picked up power from the parking for the head, at least they used a relay. I temporarily unhooked the wire & tried the lights, heads did not work. Any body know where I should start my troubleshooting? Fuse is fine

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
If you have not already, go to the online chilton manual and find the wiring diagram for your year. That way you know what color wire does what.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rewired the headlights yesterday, now the lights will light in off position, very inconsistent. Sounds like the auto headlight system has a problem. Sensor maybe, when they are on in off position, turn switch to on & back to off lights go off. Any thoughts any body thanks.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
Well if the wiring from the TIPM is good then it could be either the switch, sensor or something with the CCN which is controlled by the cluster.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to drive last night, when I turned heads on they started flickering like a cops light bar, turned car off one head turned off the other one stayed on. Started car again flickering resumed again, turned car off & the headlights did the same but in reverse. Turned lights off, stayed on, turned on & off once again & they went off. are my lights haunted? This must be why the shade tree wiring was done. Which negated my auto headlight system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts