Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2013 RT challenger at the dealer last week to have it fixed but it still falls down so now they want to order a new headliner and put it in but they have to remove the windshield im not happy about this !!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Just curious how bad it actually was? After reading your post I checked mine. It looked OK but I can push it up about an inch, weird.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Mine came with the front end unclipped and hanging against the rearview mirror. It took one push and that was that.

However, the headliner around the sunroof area had a TSB for sagging: they ended up taking the whole headliner down and gluing some harder stuff.

I still get a flapping noise coming from the back of the headliner when the wind buffets with the sunroof open. Need to take it back.

·
Registered
416 Posts
mine is sagging above driver window.think this is common problem.will probably wait closer to end of warrenty hopeing they fix it right

·
Registered
310 Posts
My 2011 had to get the headliner replaced a week after I got it. They had to remove the windshield. Actually, the dealer scratched it and replaced it. Not a big deal. Got it back good as new. Take your car in and get it fixed

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I had mine done 6 months after getting my car. The tech said "there were some clips broken inside so we had to change them". I check my headliner every couple of days to make sure it didn't happen again. Are there any upgraded replacement ones or do they use the same fragile ones?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They used hot glue .yup there not a good dealership. I put some velcro on its going to see if it holds

·
Registered
57 Posts
Seems funny this happens on the Challengers too. My 06 Charger had the rear clips break on the headliner. They had to remove the front windshield to fix it then. When they were doing it it broke and scratched my fiberglass hood. Worked out pretty good because the hood I had was cheapily painted and got a nice one afterwards. Hopefully my challenger doesn't do it as well.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
All,

I'm surprised that any modern Dodge's have this problem! My wife's 74 Duster had a sagging headliner. We used to have a 90's-something Dodge van for commuting. One day the headliner over the driver just dropped and was resting on his head while he drove. He drove like that for a week before taking it in. Honestly, with all the modern fabrication and adhesive materials in use, a sagging headliner is unacceptable. That said, now I need to go check mine for sagging...can't have it falling on my head while driving.

Green Man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts