Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my headliner was falling down right behind the sun roof, little rubber boot wouldn't keep the headliner up, took it in and the dealer said they have to replace the whole headliner under warrenty, ok no prob there but they have had the car for two weeks saying the headliner is on back order, was someone asleep on the assbly line? anyone else have headliner issuses or is the dealer just feeding me a line? :scratchhead:

forgot its a black/silver strips srt8

·
Registered
322 Posts
my headliner was falling down right behind the sun roof, little rubber boot wouldn't keep the headliner up, took it in and the dealer said they have to replace the whole headliner under warrenty, ok no prob there but they have had the car for two weeks saying the headliner is on back order, was someone asleep on the assbly line? anyone else have headliner issuses or is the dealer just feeding me a line? :scratchhead:

my 2010 srt doing the same thing,did dodge acknowledge this?took mine in last week,they say no tsb or anything on it yet.but it looks like it was cut to big so if you hv windows down,or sunroof back air is pulling it from seal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, started to think the dealer was giving me the run around, so maybe the headliner is on back order

·
Premium Member
350 Posts

2010 RT classic same problem. I fixed it with a 3MM Velcro strip. Glue one peice to metal roof and let dry. Glue another strip to fiber board of headline allow to dry over night. Once dry just seal the Velcro together. Mines been OK for a year now. I hope this helps. Too many horror stories of dealers screwing up doors and front wind shield.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
all the 2011s have crooked headliners...when you look at the back window one side is typically 1/2-3/4 lower than the other...if you feel with your hands you can also feel the gap is different

ive decided to accept it since they have to take out the windshield to replace it...

every one ive looked at has it...the dealer also checked their inventory and they all had it too...good job Dodge on the QC

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same

I have the same issue. Headliner coming off and down, behind the sunroof. Dealer said the same thing, has to be replaced. I am still waiting, on back order. Maybe ill go with this 3MM velcro fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my car has been at the dealer for two weeks, and they did crack the windshield when they removed it to get to the headliner, i was told it will be in tuesday then when it didn't show up i was told wensday, it didn't show up wensday either so i'm getting close to telling them to keep the damn thing since i've only had it a week longer than they have

·
Registered
780 Posts
Exact same issue with mine. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it without any damage at all. Took the passenger door off, not the windshield like they used to. took them 3 days but It was ok with me. They even detailed my car and filled it with gas. I couldnt have asked for better service. Mark Dodge Mobile,Al.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still pretty sad here in the usa you pay $47,000 for a car and the company knows there is an issue with something and don't take care of it at the factory, i understand things can slip through and do but if its bad enough that the headliners are on backorder because of the situation hope some beancounter gets a boot in the butt for it, sorry about the rant but my empty drive way is killing me

·
Registered
920 Posts
If they had just got this right in the first place, they wouldn't be spending thousands having dealers repair it (parts + labor). Also, what happens to the old ones? Scrapped?? WOW... :(

I'm sure all those workers they caught drinking on the job doesn't help with QC....lol
They don't make the Challenger at Jefferson North, they make it in Toronto, Canada... but the Canucks like to drink too, eh?! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
all the 2011s have crooked headliners...when you look at the back window one side is typically 1/2-3/4 lower than the other...if you feel with your hands you can also feel the gap is different

ive decided to accept it since they have to take out the windshield to replace it...

every one ive looked at has it...the dealer also checked their inventory and they all had it too...good job Dodge on the QC
My 2011 headliner isn't crooked! Sorry Huggy!!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

ALMOST all....just checked mine....it's perfectlt straight...front & back.

·
Registered
723 Posts
ALMOST all....just checked mine....it's perfectlt straight...front & back.
Mine is straight too. There is a small gap on each side when you look real close, and the same old fuzzy ends front and back of the liner. Fingers crossed about behind the sunroof.:)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Mine is straight too. There is a small gap on each side when you look real close, and the same old fuzzy ends front and back of the liner. Fingers crossed about behind the sunroof.:)
That's an ez fix... don't look real close!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Took 2 weeks for mine to come in too. It sure as the hell was not sitting at the dealer the whole time. Once it finally came in they did it in one day. Took the windshield out. I was apprehensive about that but all is well. No wind noise and hardly a fingerprint on the interior.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Liner was doing the same thing my headliner was doing the same thing I took a small piece and aluminum and made a clip that holds it and it's been there for 2 years hasn't moved since hit me up and I'll show you how to make one or make one and send one to you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts