Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Torred SE. I had an aftermarket sunroof put in and was promised a "New headliner that is just like the factory" needless to say I did not get that. I got black fuzziness from a 76 Pacer... But I can not remember what the material was I think it is the same as the sunvisors. Can someone go feel or look at their interiror roof and tell me what the material is.. AND if at any point there is just material stretched over from point a to point b with nothing under it..

Thanks so much SE Owners unite!

·
Super Moderator
16,497 Posts
Its a woven material (like sun visors) it is applied to a 3/8-1/4" foam layer that is bonded to a molded/formed rigid headliner backing.

There isn't fabric that's stretched across any voids on the OEM headliner where you could stretch the fabric.

Aftermarket sunroof installs typically anchor headliner material to the sunroof welting/trim and then secure it under interior trim or glue it up to the roof around windows.

I had an aftermarket glass power moonroof installed (model I had wasn't offered with factory one) and it was done in this fashion, but the installer got matching headliner fabric and left portions of the original headliner and glued the fabric to that.

It looked very professional and held up beautifully for the 16 years I had that car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like my installers and I have had two others put in two other cars A Jeep PAtriot and Ford Explorer and one thing is for sure they dont leak. However, this one seems to be a problem, It appears in addition to me not like the fuzzy headliner material, but that they screwed something down too tight and I got little lines straight back behind the sunroof on the top. Also it looks like the roof of the car is slightly lower then the side tops of the car, (If that makes any sense at all) like it wasnt there when i picked the car up but fro the vibration of driving now i got stress points showing or the roof has sunk or something.. I try not to think about it because it makes me nautious.. They say they are going to fix this next week.

I paid $1000 for a INalpha 37"x19" you think I got screwed?

What would you do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts