Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever see the rear edge of the sunroof surround separate from the headiner? mine has done it twice.. i will take it to the dealer Saturday since its under factory warranty.. but whats the deal?

·
Registered
456 Posts
if your talking about the liner coming out from under the rubber ring then yeah mine too. not very often but ive had to put it back a couple times. Just the back part though the other 3 sides are ok.

·
Registered
907 Posts
There is a service advisory about this.
Tel your dealer to look up service bulletin # 23-028-12

·
Registered
245 Posts
Reactions: Bonj87

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had my 2012 in three times as my dealer tried to apply the TSB but no luck and on fourth time they put in a new headliner which was quite a process including taking windshield out.i don't know why they think a new headliner will do better but I believe the lip behind the sunroof is thinner than mine was.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mines going in Thursday for this. Hope they can fix it. Service manager knew exactly what I was talking about. Said he's seen it several times.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The fix for this (from the TSB) will not permanently solve the problem. I bought the repair kit directly from the manufacturer and their instructions go a step further than the TSB. They suggest gluing the velcro to the roof and liner because the normal tape won't hold up to hot/cold changes through the seasons.

I had the dealer do it the first time and it failed in about 6 months. I did it myself a few months ago and have a lot more confidence that it's fixed permanently now.

Reactions: Gilly

·
Registered
53 Posts
The fix for this (from the TSB) will not permanently solve the problem. I bought the repair kit directly from the manufacturer...
ceri - would you be willing to share that part number with me? Have this issue in my 2013 and would rather do it myself.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
957 Posts
I don't have it, but if you google the TSB it should have the part number listed at the beginning. Google that and you'll probably find the manufacturer. It's been awhile since I did it and didn't bother to keep the wrapper.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gotcha - I thought you were describing use of something other than the spacer kit. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,558 Posts
Try rotating the rubber strip 180 degrees.....it fixed mine. Had the TSB done twice, it's a joke fix!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks - I will take a look at when I get home.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I think my '13 is set up differently...rotating the piece 180 really doesn't change anything. There is a magnet connected to the roof piece with two spacer blocks attached. I will figure something out here.

Seriously cant believe how short that piece is cut relative to the gasket strip. Not even close.

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,558 Posts
Mine started coming apart again. Used a paint stick cut into pieces and stacked to get the right height and used Gorilla Glue. It hasn't budged since. NOTE: Gorilla Glue expands ... A LOT ... use sparingly!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts