Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take any of our cylinder heads and add a cam and install kit for $525. Just select the appropriate drop-down option for the cam/install kit deal.

We have 1 set of 03-08 5.7 heads on shelf ready to ship. This set has the intake port matched for use with a 6.1 intake manifold. It also has the upgraded titanium retainers.

03-08 5.7 Heads
PWR 5.7 Street/Strip Heads, HEMI

6.1 Heads
PWR Street/Strip Heads

Eagle Heads (09-10 5.7)
PWR Street/Strip Heads, Eagle

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Do higher flow heads make as much of a difference if you are FI as opposed to NA?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do higher flow heads make as much of a difference if you are FI as opposed to NA?

Absolutely. A supercharger compresses air and forces it into the intake manifold. Heads/Cam allow for more of that air thats stored in the manifold to make its way into the combustion chamber where hp/tq is produced. You may see a loss in boost pressure but thats expected as more air will be in the combustion chamber than in the intake manifold. You gain hp/tq and do so with less psi.

·
Registered
864 Posts
ahh i see, so with a mild cam & head kit what are the gains like? Im kinda on the fence about getting cam/heads and then seeing if i still want to sc after or just going right into the SC

·
Registered
117 Posts
Andy what are the best heads? Also I have a 2009 6.1 with a vortech. What kind of gains would I get with the best head and cam combo. I still have the stock shorties. Thinking of putting 3500 into the car not sure what will get me the best bang for the buck. How hard is it to install heads and cam combo. I installed my vortech kit in my garage. Thanks for the help!!

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I would like a video/audio clip of the cam you are using in the package. In a NA 5.7, would the gains be that great with the heads? I'm thinking just cam and spring and pushrod upgrade.

Jack

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy what are the best heads? Also I have a 2009 6.1 with a vortech. What kind of gains would I get with the best head and cam combo. I still have the stock shorties. Thinking of putting 3500 into the car not sure what will get me the best bang for the buck. How hard is it to install heads and cam combo. I installed my vortech kit in my garage. Thanks for the help!!
Heads and cam are more involved to install than the vortech although I wouldnt call it difficult. Typical gains with heads/cam in a blown application are around 50-75rwhp.

I would like a video/audio clip of the cam you are using in the package. In a NA 5.7, would the gains be that great with the heads? I'm thinking just cam and spring and pushrod upgrade.

Jack
Sorry, I dont have any video/audio clips at this time.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 6.1 mean street heads with the 220 camshaft.

None of it is difficult, just time consuming. Just make sure the timing chain is installed correctly.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think us 09-11 5.7L guys are gonna be the red headed step children as far as any Major cam upgrade goes...cause noone wants to take the time to do the tuning. It's really sad that a ricer with VVT can get all the tuning in the world, but it can't happen for a MOPAR!!! :notallthere: (no offense Andy...just frustrated)

You arent the only one frustrated. I think the 392 having VVT will force the tuning to develop for VVT, although it may take a while.

As for Cam/heads it is a hard sell because for the price of heads/cam and install you'll be very close to the price of a supercharger (without install, but many like me could install it ourselves).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts