Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions for the experienced......

Looking into the Arrington Heads and cam package.

Would it be wise to do heads and cam before the supercharger? Will the powertrip package work with supercharging? Anybody install the powertrip package? Issues? They offer 3 different cams with the kit. 266, 270 & 274. One work better with supercharging?

I will ask the installers at Arrington, just wanted to see others experience.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Also do it all at once. No reason to pay for the same labor twice.

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
You should get a cam with a blower grind. Check out the offerings from HHP/Bischoff. HHP also has ported and polished heads.

·
Registered
456 Posts
disregard. Been reading up, think I answered my own question.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Blower first. Do heads and cam when you forge it later.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I did heads and cam, ect before I put the blower on mine. Had lots of fun with it, the more efficient everything flows the more fun and efficient the blower will be later on. I used hhp's stuff. Good luck!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wouldnt go so far as others and say heads are a waste on a supercharged motor. But a supercharger will put a band aid on poor flowing heads [note: 6.1, eagle, and 6.4 heads are great right from dodge] that some brands suffer from.

When I had my pwr heads flowed against my stock heads the guy who flowed them even stated that the pwr heads with the improvements over stock in intake to exhaust ratio and the great exhaust flow would bee a great compliment for a supercharger.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey guys I just purchased a procharger supercharger for my 2011 srt8. It will be getting installed in about 3 to 4 weeks. What are some good mods along or after my supercharger is installed?? Im guessing long tubes and cam. My performance shop told me to stay away from tb's and i dont need a cai either.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Hey guys I just purchased a procharger supercharger for my 2011 srt8. It will be getting installed in about 3 to 4 weeks. What are some good mods along or after my supercharger is installed?? Im guessing long tubes and cam. My performance shop told me to stay away from tb's and i dont need a cai either.
Drop in pistons!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I forgot to add I want to keep my boost down to a safe 6-6.5 psi so with that I mind would I still need drop in pistons or would I want to get them if I raise my boost to like 8 or so.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
If you can fit them in to your budget I would do them even @ 6lbs just another layer of protection. And yes I have seen Motors pop a piston even @ 6lbs of boost

1 - 12 of 12 Posts