Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping to comp 274 cam, do the heads have to be pulled on a 5.7 vvt? I've heard yes and no..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I didnt have to on mine, I have a M6 and did not have to do a MDS delete

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Oh ok, so auto with MDS the heads need to be pulled

To replace the lifters to delete MDS yes, the heads have to come off

·
Registered
876 Posts
PSM450, did you notice any gains wit the Comp 274. I've heard that those cams aren't really working well in the VVT motors. I've got a 13 R/T, and I'm interested in camming it, however I'm trying to find a Jay Greene cam, just need to get in touch with him.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
PSM450, did you notice any gains wit the Comp 274. I've heard that those cams aren't really working well in the VVT motors. I've got a 13 R/T, and I'm interested in camming it, however I'm trying to find a Jay Greene cam, just need to get in touch with him.

I did a Jay Greene cam and am happy with it.

Reach Jay here --> https://www.facebook.com/greeneracing.tuning/

I'll also let him know about this thread

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't have facebook, is there another way we can reach him. I'm very interested in working with him for my build plans.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I passed this link to Jay, he's been responsive with my questions so I assume he'll get in touch with you or post on this thread

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far I love the 274! It's on the first tune by HemiFever, and it idles great and is very driveable. I'd say it will be perfect by the 5th tune. It has some lope, but should get more after a few more tunes. I don't want to get on it until at least the 2nd tune, so I have no idea how much power it has yet. Very glad I chose the Comp 274, I was a little leery of it at first, but so far I'm very happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts