Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings I am planning to make the trip from Mexico to Phoenix (xact dyno) for tune mi srt8 6.4, I have longe tube headers, throttle body 90mm, coils performance, intake, camshaft stage 1 and aem water / methanol kit. I am in doubt whether to install a nitrous kit or better heads but I don't decide, what do you think?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Unless your boosted with high psi, I’d say the Apache heads will suit you just fine as they flow very well. Bge heads are next in line, but I haven’t heard of any dramatic improvements in performance. Thiteks are the next jump , but they aren’t cheap and possibly not necessary depending on your goals. If you’re looking for some more mph/et then I’d probably be looking at nitrous and maybe even a new manifold. I run a ported 6.1 manifold and made about 28hp more peak and 4tq less peak over the svt running na. The curve is flat as a table. I’ve also just been hearing some really good things about the OCPerformance dual plane manifold. For dollars spent I think you’ll be happier with nos than you will with heads. I’m also assuming you already upgraded the springs/lifters/pushrods with your cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Like Ronan said if you aren’t boosted you really won’t see much improvement with heads or even amethyst for that matter. N2O is the way if you are looking for better track times. There is also Boost but that is entirely more up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Stock rings are not properly gapped for boost from the factory, including nitrous. If you do it, stay conservative.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You should really consider forged drop in pistons if going with nos. If you’re going to do that just stroke the thing. I know more money! But I can almost guarantee you that you will blow that engine with those stock pistons if you run it enough or get the urge to “turn it up”!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts