Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my blower motor has seemed to stop working on all speeds. I have a 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT. I pull the blower motor out and it seems to spin freely and smooth. My question is I have heard of the blower motor resistor going out . Does my car have one of these ? I can pull up that part and it looks pretty straight foward 22$ part to install however I cannot locate it. However I can locate a part that has a heat sink with two connectors going to it . Does my year no longer use the 22$ part? I have attached pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
More than likely it's the Heat/AC Control Module that's bad.

Several folks have chased various parts, only to find that this control unit went south.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Good point, can't remember but if the resistor/module goes out in most cases you will still have "high" speed but I have seen both ways.
When mine failed, and was pulled out of the dash, the connection to the wiring harness was melted/distorted. Thankfully the wiring harness itself was OK, but that control module was toast.

IIRC, the cost of a new one is around $75 dollars, at least for a '10 model.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
When mine failed, and was pulled out of the dash, the connection to the wiring harness was melted/distorted. Thankfully the wiring harness itself was OK, but that control module was toast.

IIRC, the cost of a new one is around $75 dollars, at least for a '10 model.
Man I wish they "Chrysler" would figure that out remember 1999-2004 Jeeps had that problem at the blower motor module connector, they updated the module and wiring connector along with heaver wiring. Done a lot of those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts