Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after I picked up my car early May of last year I noticed when washing the car a strange look to bumper cover in front of the drivers rear wheel. I figured it was just a shadow with me standing there so I didnt think much of it for the next few months.

One day coming out of a store I saw that weird "shadow" from about 30 feet away. Looked at it closely and its a flat spot on the cover about 3 inches square. Irritating because I'm pretty anal about flaws, but I got to thinking that maybe the fix like a new bumper covered with a non-matching paint job would be worse than what looks like a dent. At any rate, car has been in storage since November..out of sight out of mind. Well until today...lol..when I noticed it from several feet away.

Took it to the body shop that my dealer outsources works to. They suggested a little heat from a heat gun and massaging it back out may work..or it may go the other way. The guy got under the car and suggested that since he can barely get his hand between the panel and the resonator, that the resonator may be causing the problem? However with the size of the resonator it would be difficult to get the heat concentrated in the right area. Told they guy I was putting glasspacks on which are much smaller and he said that should make enough room.

Make sense to anyone ? Anyone hear of this before on these cars? Doesn't show in pics, but you get the drift. If this was actually the case, I would have figured to have read about lots of people with the problem...but nothing.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a pic actually that captures it or I'm just seeing it because I know its there. 1/3 of the way between the lower left corner of the marker light and the corner where the white meets the black. The pic is from the day it came off the truck at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The black rear bumper ground effect panel it very flimsy and not secure in the back. I posed this to my dealer a while back and they said it was a design issue in which all the cars are prone to this problem. I agreed with him and moved on...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts