Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Heat soak and the 5.7 hemi

12812 Views 31 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  MoparR/T
This engine seems really sensitive to heat soak. More so than any other engine I have owned. Maybe my opinion is due to the 0-60 timer we have, whereas all my other cars have not had such a tool/reference point to judge this by, but wow the difference in performance.

When the motor is freshly warmed, I am getting roughly .2x to .3x better 0-60 times vs when it's highly driven/warm/heat soaked. This creates more of a performance difference than any mod I've done. The best mod I've seen for our cars is an engine with about 5 minutes warm up time vs driven all day. It hates heat! I even installed a water/meth injection kit (running 80/20 meth to water, as this has given best results) in an attempt to mitigate the heat soak to no avail. Being able to manage this heat soak seems to be a worthwhile mod for this engine.

As a note, I just installed a srv 392 intake manifold, which is the best mod I have done so far, but 0-60 times range from [email protected] 80 degree ambient temp to a heat soaked 4.9x at same temp.

Any ideas on how to reduce heat soak?
Any thoughts?
See less
This engine seems really sensitive to heat soak. More so than any other engine I have owned. Maybe my opinion is due to the 0-60 timer we have, whereas all my other cars have not had such a tool/reference point to judge this by, but wow the difference in performance.

When the motor is freshly warmed, I am getting roughly .2x to .3x better 0-60 times vs when it's highly driven/warm/heat soaked. This creates more of a performance difference than any mod I've done. The best mod I've seen for...
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.